For Service Portal v2.0.2 and above, plugin updates follow the standard WordPress plugin upgrade process: simply click the "update now" link whenever a new plugin version is released. However, Service Portal v2.0.0 and v2.0.1 require a small code change to enable automated updates.
IMPORTANT: As with all upgrades, installations, and file changes, you should back up your WordPress installation before following these instructions.
To enable automated updates updates, please follow these instructions.
- Log into your site as a WordPress admin.
- Click on "Plugins" in the main menu
- Under "ServiceTrade Service Portal", click the "Edit" link.
- This will take you to an "Editing Plugins" page. Near the top of the screen, you should see "Editing servicetrade-service-portal/servicetrade-service-portal.php".
- In the box that contains your portal code, scroll about halfway down the file. You will see the following line:
require_once plugin_dir_path(__FILE__) . 'vendor/autoload.php';
Just below that line, copy and paste the following 5 lines:
Puc_v4_Factory::buildUpdateChecker( 'http://extensions.servicetrade.com/releases/servicetrade-service-portal.json', __FILE__,
The result should look like this:
6. Click the "Update File" button at the bottom of the page.
7. When the plugin update message appears, click "update now" to update the plugin.