- A purchase order with items received into inventory
Open the purchase order in PartsLedger
- Navigate to Orders ➔ Purchase Orders ➔ List
- Search for the purchase order number
- Click View on the right side of the desired purchase order's row to open the order
Open the shipment receipt
- View the purchase order's line items and note the line item number that requires reversing
- Scroll down to the section Related Shipment Receipts and find the Shipment ID that corresponds to the desired line item. Example: Shipment ID: 12345 (Item Line:2 Quantity Received:1.0)
- Click on the Shipment ID number to open the desired shipment receipt
Reverse the shipment receipt
- Verify one more time that the desired item appears on the shipment receipt. There may be other items on your shipment receipt if you received multiple items at the same time. You can click on the ledger transaction number (GL Tx) to triple verify you're about to void the correct one.
- Click VOID next to the row that matches the item in question
- Navigate back to the original purchase order. Verify the quantity received is zero (or less the amount reversed if this was a partial shipment receipt)
- If you receive the message "Error voiding: This Shipment Receipt with qty of 1.0 can not be reversed due to insufficient inventory after reversal. Current quantity is 0.0", this means the inventory has already been committed to a work order. Reverse the inventory assignment first, then reverse the shipment receipt.