This is a reference on bulk importing recurring services into ServiceTrade.
Before you get started on completing our location import template, you may wish to:
- Familiarize yourself with the concept of recurring services in ServiceTrade.
- Review the general information on bulk importing.
The following fields are used by the recurring services import template. We present them here with definitions and whether or not they are required.
- service_line (required) - the abbreviation of the service line for this service. A good place to see all of the available service line abbreviations is on the bottom right of the My Account page in ServiceTrade.
- service_description (required) - the description of the work to be done. Service descriptions are visible to technicians, office staff, and customers.
- service_start_date (required) - YYYY-MM-DD - the date that the first instance of this service will be due.
- service_window_start - YYYY-MM-DD - the first acceptable date that this service may be scheduled to be performed
- preferred_start_time - if given, is the time that either the customer or the office prefer that appointments for this service be scheduled for. Must be in military time format (e.g., "13:00" for 1:00 pm). Only 15-minute increments of time are supported. Blank is treated as having no preferred start time.
- preferred_techs - if given, is a tech or tech(s) that will automatically be assigned appointments for this service. Must be a comma-separated list of active usernames. Usernames, if not known, are best retrieved from My Account -> Users.
- estimated_price - the estimated price, in format 249.99, that a customer will pay for this service. estimated_price is primarily a visual, scheduling, and forecasting aid, and does not translate directly to the invoice (which is based on items, not on services).
- estimated_duration - the estimated time that the service will take to complete. Must be a decimal number (e.g. "3.25" for 3 hours 15 minutes). The maximum duration of a service is 23.75 hours.
- location_name (required) - the exact name of the location which this service will be assigned to. Must be unique.
- asset_id - the asset ID that you wish to point this service at. Asset IDs are best found via exporting locations with assets, or by exporting assets.
- frequency (required) - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannually, yearly.
- interval (required) - the multiplier to apply to the frequency. Must be a whole number and greater than 0.
- window_size (required) - the size of the due window. May be entered as "day", "week", "month", or an integer representing the number of days. For example, "month" indicates that the service due window is the whole month and that scheduling the service anytime during the month is acceptable.
- repeat_weekday - 1 for true or 0 for false (default). 1 indicates that monthly services repeat on the nth weekday (e.g. third Monday), while 0 indicates repetition by nth day of the month. In either case, the value of n is inferred from the service_start_date.
- template_name - the name of an existing service template that you wish to use for this service. (Service templates are not the same as thing as the one-time services import template CSV file).
IMPORTANT: If you use the template_name field to apply a service template, then only the location_id, asset_id, and template_name fields should be filled out, along with any external IDs if applicable. If you have a template_name + the other fields filled out, the row will fail to import and we will append an error explanation to the downloadable import failures file.