Exporting your data from QuickBooks should be a relatively easy process once you see how it is done. There are two different QuickBooks platforms that you'll potentially be exporting from. The company that makes QuickBooks, Intuit, has a desktop version for your computer and a online version that you can access through your web browser. The following article will discuss some export processes from both versions of QuickBooks.
If you need to export items from QuickBooks desktop or online, please visit this support article:
The following example of steps are for the export of customer information from Quickbooks. (Servicetrade can import this customer data to you account which can include: Customer Name, Address, Phone, Email, Shipping Site name, Shipping address, etc.) :
Customer Export from QuickBooks Desktop (Screenshots from QBD 2013):
1: Click Customers in the left nav OR from the top nav Customers->Customer Center.
2: In the Customer Center, Click Excel -> Export Customer List
3: In the Export dialog window, select the radio button: “Create a comma separated values (.csv) file”. Click the blue Export button.
4: You can then choose the location of the file and time name on your computer.
Customer Export from QuickBooks Online:
1: Login to your QuickBooks Online account.
2: Click on the Reports tab on the menu bar:
3. In the Go to report search box, enter Customer Contact List:
4. In order ensure the correct data is exported we'll want to customize this report. Click 'Customize' in the top right:
5. In the Customize report popup, Under the "Rows/Columns" section, click the 'Change columns' link:
6. Click the check boxes to select the optional columns. Match the selected options with the screenshot below. (We suggest selecting ALL of the options) Once you select all the needed options, click 'Run Report' at the bottom of the popup:
7. The report will change to include the selected columns. The final step is to export this report to a spreadsheet. Click the 'Export" button (box with arrow pointing out) in the top right and choose 'Export to Excel'. This will allow you to choose a place on your computer to save the file.
Once you have exported your information to Excel, then you can visit the Bulk Import page in ServiceTrade to see how to import that information into our system:
As always, don't hesitate to give us a call if you get stuck!