Thanks for beta testing the new ServiceTrade mobile app. We can’t wait for you to see the new look! We created this app to help technicians be more productive and make it easier to show customers the great work they’re doing on every job. This article will help you install the app, understand the new interface, report any problems you find, and access the old app if you have any blocking issues.
Note: The beta version will replace the old version of ServiceTrade on your phone. If you run into any issues with the beta version, there are instructions at the bottom of this support article that describe how to reinstall the old version of ServiceTrade.
Installing the app
To install the beta version of the new mobile app on your Android device:
- Open the Google Play Store, search for the ServiceTrade app, and view the app profile. Or, just click here to open the profile.
2. Scroll down the profile until you see a card that says "Become a beta tester" and select the "I'm in" button.
3. Select the "Join" option on the next popup. You will now see a message that reads "Beta signup in progress..."
4. If this message doesn't change after a few minutes, close and reopen the Google Play store and navigate back to the ServiceTrade app profile. You should see a green notification that reads "You're a beta tester for this app. Awesome!" Select the "Install" button to install the beta version of the ServiceTrade mobile app.
Using the app
Watch this brief video for a summary of the features in the new mobile app:
This is a beta version of the new application. As such, we need your help to find any issues. If you find something wrong with the app or if it crashes, please let us know. Follow these steps to report issues:
1. Click the "hamburger" icon found in the upper left corner of the appointment list view.
2. Select the "Preferences" option.
3. Select "Contact support" and provide as much detail as you can about what you were doing and what went wrong.
Switching back to the old app
If you need to switch back to the old version of the ServiceTrade mobile app, go to the Google Play Store and search for ServiceTrade. Scroll down the app profile until you see a card that says "You're a beta tester" and select the "Leave" button.
Once you leave the beta program, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the app to access the old version.