The first thing you'll need to do is login and verify your own company information. The sign up process creates one user by default that has permissions to do everything in the application, and it also sets up your list of service lines, which tells us what kinds of work your company does. The following tutorials will walk you through the process of fully configuring your account.
GENERAL ACCOUNT SETUP
- If you have not done so already, create your ServiceTrade account here.
- The account sign up process creates a Self-Starter account, which is limited in several ways. If you have purchased a subscription, we will upgrade your account after sign-in.
- Add your company logo by uploading it to your account settings page.
- Uncheck non-applicable job types on your account settings page.
- Add as many sets of terms and conditions as you need on the terms and conditions admin page. A full guide to using terms and conditions is available here.
- Set your company's default terms and conditions for jobs and quotes on your account settings page.
- Adjust any other desired settings on the account settings page.
- Adjust your service lines (kinds of work that you do) by going to My Company, then clicking "edit". Based on questions during the account setup process, we have pre-selected some service lines for you. Note, available asset types are driven by which service lines you do. If you are attempting to add an alarm device for example, make sure you have alarm enabled as a service line. A complete list of assets and their required service lines is available here.
Add your users:
- Gather office staff and tech user information (names, emails, phone numbers, etc) and add your users.
- Add profile photos for all of your users. This is essential for customer engagement features such as quotes and Service Links, and makes using the Schedule, Dispatch, and Job pages much easier.
- Assign roles to your users. We provide default roles for commonly needed positions (admin, account manager/sales, scheduler, etc.) You may wish to review roles, their permissions, and even create your own custom roles via the roles page.
- Configure your users' notifications settings, or assure that they do so individually.
Setup offices and regions:
- If you have multiple physical locations, or multiple logical divisions within your company, you may wish to add offices. Offices may have their own logos and contact info. This is especially useful if you own or operate under multiple brands.
- Regions are a powerful way to filter results and to organize customers based on geography. Here is a 2-minute video on setting up Regions:
- NOTE: Once regions are set up, they are automatically assigned when you create a new location. If you bulk import locations, it may take a few hours for all region information to populate, so there may be a slight delay before searching by region for one of your newly imported locations works.
Setup Vendors (Subcontractors):
- Why not kill the paper and the email? Receive subcontracted work and subcontract to others via ServiceTrade! Create a vendor in ServiceTrade and invite them via email. Subcontracting in ServiceTrade is free for you, free for them. More information on how to setup subcontractors is available in the User Guide.
Once your account is setup, you can move forward with transforming your existing customer data, and importing it into ServiceTrade. Most customers enlist the services of our support team to assist them with successful data import, but you may wish to view the Bulk Import page to review the process. The following types of data may be bulk imported into ServiceTrade:
- Your service locations (ship-to addresses) and their associated companies (bill-to addresses).
- Recurring services (services performed at a specific location with descriptions or tasks, along with frequency/interval of recurrence).
- Items (line items that you would use on jobs or invoices. Usually exported from accounting).
- Contract pricing (customer-specific pricing information / price books / rules / lists).
- Assets (lists of customer owned equipment and details, such as an HVAC unit, with serial number, filter type, etc).
- Service Templates make things consistent and make adding services much easier. Here is how to use them.
- Quote templates are available also.
Setting up Forms / Reports / Job Paperwork:
- ServiceTrade supports the automatic attachment of relevant PDF forms to jobs, and even can pre-fill them with certain known info (location info, asset info, etc) For more information, see this article on creating fillable PDF paperwork.