The first thing you'll need to do is login and verify your own company information. The sign up process creates one user by default that has permissions to do everything in the application, and it also sets up your list of service lines, which tells us what kinds of work your company does. The following tutorials will walk you through the process of fully configuring your account.
GENERAL ACCOUNT SETUP
1. Create your account - If you have not done so already, create your ServiceTrade account here.
The account sign up process creates a Self-Starter account, which is limited in several ways. If you have purchased a subscription, we will upgrade your account based on your ServiceTrade agreement terms.
2. Company Logo - You can add your company logo for use in your ServiceTrade account.
Click this link to go to your account settings "Account settings". On the account settings page, click the 'Upload company logo' button and choose your logo file for upload.
3. Account Job Types - You can choose the job types that are available for use within your account.
Click this link to go to your account settings page "Account settings". Click to open the 'Job Types' section on this page. Once revealed, deselect or select the jobs types that you'd like to use within your account. Click the 'Save' button to finalize your selection.
4. Terms and Conditions - You can add one or more sets of Terms and Conditions for use on Jobs and Quotes in your account.
a. Add Terms and Conditions - Click the following link to add your Terms and Conditions "terms and conditions admin page." Once on this page, click the "Create a set of Terms and Conditions" link to add each set of T&Cs. Once you've named and added the content of a set of T&Cs, click 'Save' (More info on your accounts Terms and Conditions is available here.
b. Set your default Terms and Conditions - Click this link to go to your account settings page "Account settings". Click to open the 'Terms and Conditions' section on this page. Once revealed, there is a dropdown to select your default terms for jobs and quotes. Choose the Terms and Conditions that you'd like to auto apply to either Jobs or Quotes. (If the same set of Terms apply to both, select the same Terms for both.) Click the 'Save' button to finalize your selection.
5. Service Lines - You can choose the Service lines that are available in your account. More information on Service Lines is available here.
Click the following link to access your "MyCompany" details. Once on this page, you'll see the list of provided Service Lines for your company on the right side. To edit this list click the small "Edit" link to the left of the green buttons. This will bring you to a extensive list of ALL Service Lines available for use within ServiceTrade. Select or Deselect the Service Lines you want in this list. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'Save' button.
1. Navigate to the the user management page under My Account -> Users.
2. Click Create User in the top left of the window.
3. Fill in at least all fields marked with an asterisk (required). (If using Service Reviews, the technician email must match their email in NearbyNow.)
4. Select whether or not the user is a technician.
5. If a user is a technician, you will need to select any relevant service lines, which correspond to his or her ability to complete a job for a given trade.
6. Click save.
7. Assign relevant standard roles to the user. Roles control what the user can do. There are a series of default role that can be selected for a user. Select the role or combination of roles that best fit the user you've created. If you need permission that varies from the standard roles, you may wish to create and assign custom roles.
8. Add a user profile photo if applicable. We highly suggest adding photos of your techs for use on the dispatch board and communications to customers.
9. Configure user notification settings. More details on managing notifications are available in this article.
10. Repeat these steps for each office or tech user in your company.
To see more info on user creation including user management FAQ follow this link.
If you have multiple physical locations, or multiple logical divisions within your company, you may wish to add offices. Offices may have their own logos and contact info. This is especially useful if you own or operate under multiple brands.
1. To add an office click this link: My Company.
2. Open the grey bar labeled "Office Locations".
3. Click the "Add Office" button.
4. Fill out the Name (required), Address (required), phone and email address of the office.
5. If needed choose the Servicelines that can be performed out of that office.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save".
7. Repeat these steps for each office in your company.
Regions are a powerful way to filter results and to organize customers based on geography. Here is a 2-minute video on setting up Regions:
NOTE: Once regions are set up, they are automatically assigned when you create a new location. If you bulk import locations, it may take a few hours for all region information to populate, so there may be a slight delay before searching by region for one of your newly imported locations works.
SETUP VENDORS (Subcontractors):
Why not kill the paper and the email? Receive subcontracted work and subcontract to others via ServiceTrade! Create a vendor in ServiceTrade and invite them via email. Subcontracting in ServiceTrade is free for you, free for them. More information on how to setup subcontractors is available in the User Guide.
IMPORTING AND GATHERING DATA
Once your account is setup, you can move forward with transforming your existing customer data, and importing it into ServiceTrade. Most customers enlist the services of our support team to assist them with successful data import, but you may wish to view the Bulk Import page to review the process. The following types of data may be bulk imported into ServiceTrade:
Customers - Your service locations (ship-to addresses) and their associated companies (bill-to addresses).
Services - Recurring services (services performed at a specific location with descriptions or tasks, along with frequency/interval of recurrence).
Items - Items (line items that you would use on jobs or invoices. Usually exported from accounting).
Assets - Assets (lists of customer owned equipment and details, such as an HVAC unit, with serial number, filter type, etc).
Setting up Forms / Reports / Job Paperwork - ServiceTrade supports the automatic attachment of relevant PDF forms to jobs, and even can pre-fill them with certain known info (location info, asset info, etc) For more information, see this article on creating fillable PDF paperwork.