This article describes how to migrate an existing WordPress Service Portal v1 installation to Service Portal v2. For more information about Service Portal v2, please see this support article.
Before Installing the v2 Portal Plugin
- As an administrator in WordPress, go to 'Plugins', then go to the existing (v1) portal plugin, click 'Manage Users', and click 'Export Users'. Save the resulting user list for reference.
- In the WordPress menu, click 'Appearance', then choose 'Widgets'. Find the widget section(s) where the v1 portal login widget (named 'ServiceTrade Login') appears. Make a note of every section where it is shown, and its order relative to the other widgets in that section.
- Remove the v1 portal widget from each of those widget sections. At this point customers will now be unable to log into the portal.
- In the WordPress menu, click 'Plugins'. Deactivate, but DO NOT DELETE, the v1 portal plugin.
Install the v2 Portal Plugin
- Follow the installation and configuration instructions in the v2 portal installation support article.
- When you add the v2 portal login widget to your site, remember to put it in all the widget sections that you noted before, in the same position where the v1 portal login widget was shown.
After Installing the v2 Portal Plugin
- Have users log in to the new portal, using the new login widget (the old login widget will disappear when you deactivate the old plugin). Once they log in successfully, their user will be automatically migrated to be a v2 user.
- If necessary, edit the user's permissions through the Users list under the ServiceTrade option in the WordPress menu.
- You can delete the v1 portal plugin once all users have logged into the new portal. DO NOT delete the v1 portal plugin until all users have logged into the new portal at least once.