The ServiceTrade Accounting Connector for ComputerEase is a Windows application that batch imports your ServiceTrade AR invoice and payroll data into ComputerEase. This article will specifically cover using the ServiceTrade Accounting Connector to import AR Invoices into ComputerEase. For usage instructions regarding how to import payroll into ComputerEase, click here.
Before you begin: Install and configure your Accounting Connector for ComputerEase by following the instructions in this support article.
1. Log into the company in ComputerEase for which you want to import records.
2. Double-click the 'ServiceTrade Accounting Connector for ComputerEase' shortcut on your desktop.
3. In the popup that appears, choose AR Invoices as the Import Type, and the date range for your import, then click 'Import into ComputerEase'.
Continue with the section below that matches your import type.
Importing AR Invoices
For ComputerEase Cloud users follow step 4, otherwise skip to step 5.
4. In ComputerEase click on File>Import. Navigate to 'C:\ComputerEaseImports' folder on your C: Drive, select the 'arinvoice.cei' file, and press 'Open'.
5. Review the 'Freeform Invoices Import' popup that appears in ComputerEase.
If there are any errors the checkbox on the left hand side under 'Save' will be unchecked. Make a note of the error messages so you know what issues to address, then click 'Cancel' in the invoice popup in ComputerEase.
If you encounter any errors then you MUST click the 'Import was NOT successful' button. If you click the green 'Import was successful' button, every Invoice that was listed will be marked as 'Processed' in ServiceTrade and will NOT appear when attempting to run the ServiceTrade Accounting Connector again. This will result in Invoices missing in ComputerEase and they will be hard to identify in ServiceTrade as they will be marked as 'Processed'.
Address the issues presented in the error message, then start over at step 1.
If there are no errors: Click 'Save' in the invoice popup in ComputerEase.
You can then click on the '?' icon to choose a printer and click 'OK' to print the posting report, or click 'Skip' to skip printing the posting report.
Your invoices are now imported.
Be sure to click on the green 'Import was successful' button to mark all Invoices as 'Processed' in ServiceTrade to avoid duplicate Invoices being imported.
For more information, see this article for troubleshooting common Connector error messages.
Last Updated 06/26/2020