IMPORTANT: Accepting online payments via Invoice Link Payments is only available to ServiceTrade customers in the United States.
Invoice Link Payments allows you to accept credit card and ACH payments from your customers online via ServiceTrade's Invoice Link feature.
Before you begin:
- Determine the methods of payment that you want to accept (credit card and/or ACH)
- Review the Payments Enrollment Checklist and collect all necessary information
1 - Set Up Payment Integration
1. As a user with account administrator permissions, click on the user avatar in the upper right corner of the page and select 'Account Settings'
2. On the Account Settings page, click 'Add an External System' in the menu on the right:
3. In the form that appears, select 'Payment Portal' as the type, and provide a descriptive name and display label such as 'payments':
4. On the configuration screen that appears, click the 'enrollment form' link to begin the enrollment process. Leave the configuration screen open for now, because you will need to enter your API keys into this screen later.
5. Step through the enrollment workflow, entering the information that you collected on the Enrollment Checklist at each step. Make a note of the email address and password that you provide in the first step ('Choose a password'). You will need these credentials to log into the Payment Portal once enrollment is complete.
6. Once you have completed the enrollment workflow, your enrollment application will be processed. This process typically takes between a few hours and one business day.
7. Once enrollment is complete, you will be notified that your Payment Portal account is available for use. Go to the Payment Portal and log in with the email address and password that you provided in step 5.
8. Click 'Apps' in the menu on the left side of the page.
9. Click 'API Keys' in the list of available apps.
10. Click the 'Launch' button.
11. On the API Keys page, click the 'New Key' button.
12. In the New API Key popup, click the 'Save' button.
13. Click the 'Reveal' button next to the newly added API key.
14. Copy the Web Payments Token into the Payment Portal Public Key field in the ServiceTrade payments configuration page:
15. Copy the API Key into the Payment Portal Private Key field in the ServiceTrade payments configuration page:
16. Click the 'Connect to Payment Portal' button:
17. Configure the payment settings to match the needs of your business. You can choose whether to accept credit cards and/or ACH payments, and you can also choose the minimum and maximum dollar amounts for which you want to accept payments for each method.
For instance, if you only want to accept credit card payments for invoices up to $100, but you want to accept ACH payments for invoices of any amount, you would configure your payment settings as follows:
18. Optional: If you wish to use different payment integrations for different offices -- for instance, if some offices use a different bank account to receive online payments -- you can create multiple payment integrations and scope each integration to a list of offices. See this support article for more details about configuring multiple payment integrations.
19. Click 'Save Configuration' to save your payment settings.
Now that payments are configured, your customers will see the 'Pay Now' button on any invoices that have at least one valid payment setting:
For instance, using the payment settings shown above, if the invoice amount is $600, then the 'Pay Now' button would appear because ACH payments are accepted for any amount. However, if you were to configure the payments settings to only accept credit card payments (by changing 'Accept ACH Payments' to 'No'), then the 'Pay Now' button would NOT appear, because no payment methods are accepted for a $600 invoice.