1. Retrieve the current deposit report from the Payment Portal.
2. In QuickBooks Online, go to New → Customers → Receive Payment.
3. On the Receive Payment screen, enter the following information from the first row of the deposit report CSV file:
a. Customer: The customer name in the ‘customer_company’ column
b. Payment Method: If the value in the ‘method’ column is ‘bank’, then select ‘e-Check’. If the value in the ‘method’ column is ‘card’, then select the appropriate credit card type, based on the value in the ‘card_type’ column.
c. Deposit To: Select Undeposited Funds if you want to create a single bank deposit batch for all your payments (recommended), or select the bank account to which you wish to deposit the payment.
d. Amount Received: The amount in the ‘total’ column
4. The Outstanding Transactions list for this customer should appear. Enter the appropriate payment amount in the ‘Payment’ column for each invoice.
5. Click ‘Save and New’ at the bottom of the Receive Payment screen
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each subsequent line on the deposit report.
7. Only if you selected ‘Undeposited Funds’, go to New → Other → Bank Deposit
8. Select the bank account to which you wish to deposit the batch of payments, then select each payment that you wish to include in the batch
9. Click ‘Save and Close’ at the bottom of the page.