1. Retrieve the current deposit report from the Payment Portal.
2. In QuickBooks, go to Customers → Receive Payments.
3. The Customer Payment input screen appears. Enter the following information from the first row of the deposit report CSV file:
a. Received From: The customer name in the ‘customer_company’ column
b. Payment Amount: The amount in the ‘total’ column
c. Select the appropriate form of payment: If the value in the ‘method’ column is ‘bank’, then select ‘e-Check’. If the value in the ‘method’ column is ‘card’, then select the appropriate credit card type, based on the value in the ‘card_type’ column.
4. The list of open invoices for this customer should appear. Enter the appropriate payment amount in the ‘Payment’ column for each invoice.
5. Click ‘Save and New’ at the bottom of the Customer Payment screen.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each subsequent line on the deposit report.
7. Once all payments have been entered, go to Banking → Make Deposits
8. On the ‘Payments to Deposit’ screen, select all the payments that you want to deposit, then click the ‘OK’ button.
9. On the ‘Make Payments’ screen, select the desired bank account to which the deposit should be applied.
10. Add a line to record the merchant fees associated with your credit card batch:
a. Account: Merchant Fees (or a similar expense account of your choosing)
b. Amount: The total of all fees from your batch, represented as a negative. number
11. Click the ‘Save and Close’ button.