Dexter + Chaney Spectrum is an accounting system that is focused on construction and project-based accounting. The integration between ServiceTrade and Spectrum can be used to sync jobs in ServiceTrade to work orders in Spectrum. Unlike other ServiceTrade accounting system integrations, this integration CANNOT be used to sync invoices from ServiceTrade to Spectrum. Spectrum users should follow their normal work order invoicing process in Spectrum.
Before you configure your integration between ServiceTrade to Spectrum, you should:
- Make sure that Web Services are enabled for your Spectrum instance.
- Determine the Web Services endpoint for your Spectrum instance. You can see this information in Spectrum by going to System Administration -> Utilities -> Data Exchange Download. The endpoint will be a combination of the URL and the port number displayed on this screen; for instance, if your URL is spectrum.myserver.com and your port number is 8482, your Web Services endpoint will be https://spectrum.myserver.com:8482/ws.
- If your instance of Spectrum is hosted in your office: Make sure that Spectrum Web Services endpoint is accessible from the outside internet. Consult your company's IT resource for further information on how to do this. If you use the cloud-hosted version of Spectrum, the web services endpoint should already be accessible, so no changes should be needed.
- Create an Authorization ID for the ServiceTrade integration to use when accessing Spectrum. You can create an Authorization ID in Spectrum by going to System Administration -> Installation -> Data Exchange. Click New to create a new Authorization ID. Enter an Authorization ID, click the Company button to select a company, then select an operator code, and make the status Active. Click Build to assign individual Spectrum API permissions. You should assign at least the following permissions: WorkOrder -> WorkOrderHeader.
- Determine whether to require a lead source for all work orders in Spectrum. If you choose to require lead sources, you will need to choose a lead source for the ServiceTrade integration to use when syncing jobs (see the configuration article for more information). You can configure the lead source requirement setting in Spectrum by going to System Administration -> Installation -> Work Order and going to the Properties tab.
- Determine whether to set a default division for site-specific work orders in Spectrum. If you do not set a default division, you will need to choose a division for the ServiceTrade integration to use when syncing jobs (see the configuration article for more information).
Setting up the Spectrum Connection
1. While logged into a ServiceTrade account with Admin permission, click your account-Avatar (top-right of the screen) -> then click 'Account Settings'.
2. On the right-side of this page, click the 'Add an External System' button.
3. Select 'Dexter + Chaney Spectrum' from the 'Type' dropdown menu, then enter a System Name & System Label, following the naming criteria described above these fields.
4. On the next screen, enter the Web Services URL and the Authorization ID of the Spectrum instance to which you want to connect, using the information from Prerequisites (above).
5. On the next screen, choose your Spectrum integration preferences. For more information about these integration preferences, please see this support article.
Once the configuration settings are saved, you can now send jobs from ServiceTrade to Spectrum.