This is a reference on bulk importing one-time services into ServiceTrade.
Before you get started on completing our one-time services import template, you may wish to:
- Review the information on recurring services. Most services that you would import would be recurring (and not one-time) services, and we cover importing them in another article. One-time services are not jobs, at least not yet. To import one-time services is to essentially ask ServiceTrade to present these to you in the future, closer to when you may create the job, via the Service Opportunities Report.
- Review the general information on bulk importing.
The following fields are used by the one-time services import template. We present them here with definitions and whether or not they are required.
- service_line (required) - the abbreviation of the service line for this service. A good place to see all of the available service line abbreviations is on the bottom right of the My Account page in ServiceTrade.
- service_description (required) - the description of the work to be done. Service descriptions are visible to technicians, office staff, and customers.
- service_window_start - mm/dd/yyyy - the first acceptable date that this service may be scheduled to be performed.
- service_window_end - mm/dd/yyyy - the last acceptable date that this service may be scheduled to be performed.
- preferred_start_time - if given, is the time that either the customer or the office prefer that appointments for this service be scheduled for. Must be in military time format (e.g., "13:00" for 1:00 pm). Only 15-minute increments of time are supported. Blank is treated as having no preferred start time.
- preferred_techs - if given, is a tech or tech(s) that will automatically be assigned appointments for this service. Must be a comma-separated list of active usernames. Usernames, if not known, are best retrieved from My Account -> Users.
- estimated_price - the estimated price, in format 249.99, that a customer will pay for this service. estimated_price is primarily a visual, scheduling, and forecasting aid, and does not translate directly to the invoice (which is based on items, not on services).
- estimated_duration - the estimated time that the service will take to complete. Must be a decimal number (e.g. "3.25" for 3 hours 15 minutes). The maximum duration of a service is 23.75 hours.
- location_name (required) - the exact name of the location which this service will be assigned to. Must be unique.
- asset_id - the asset ID that you wish to point this service at. Asset IDs are best found via exporting locations with assets, or by exporting assets.
- template_name - the name of an existing service template that you wish to use for this service. (Service templates are not the same as thing as the one-time services import template CSV file).
IMPORTANT: If you use the template_name field to apply a service template, then only the location_id, asset_id, and template_name fields should be filled out, along with any external IDs if applicable. If you have a template_name + the other fields filled out, the row will fail to import and we will append an error explanation to the downloadable import failures file.