This is a reference for bulk importing and editing items within ServiceTrade.
For Initial Import:
Before you get started on completing our items and prices import template, you may wish to:
- Familiarize yourself with the concept of items in ServiceTrade.
- Review the general information on bulk importing.
- Review updated rules on required fields for your import template.
1. Once you are ready to begin, from the Customers tab, click on Bulk Import, then click on Items and Prices
2. From this new screen, click on either the link or button indicated below:
3. Your downloaded template will appear as follows.
Below, we have provided descriptions of each of the fields within the template.
- description (required) - a human-readable description of the item.
- service_line - the abbreviation of the service line for this service. A good place to see all of the available service line abbreviations is on the bottom right of the My Account page in ServiceTrade.
- item_code - the SKU or Part Number for the item.
- type (required) - can be any one of part, material, labor, equipment, inspection, service, subcontractor, fee, general conditions, or other.
- price - should be set to the contract price for this item in format 125.78 - more on "contract" below.
- taxable - "1" for taxable, "0" for not taxable, defaults to "1".
- cost - should be set to your standard cost for this item (if applicable).
- contract_id - should be set to the id for the contract on which to set the price, defaults to your standard pricing contract if not set.
- update_price_only - "1" allows you to update prices and standard costs for existing items; items that do not already exist will be created. "0" assumes that you are creating new items and rejects rows for items that already exist. "0" is the default.
To Update Existing Price and Cost:
The processes for updating Item Price and Cost are nearly identical to the initial import, with a few key differences.
1. Begin by exporting your complete Item list from My Account > Items > Export to Spreadsheet.
2. Download a copy of the items-and-prices-template.csv as outlined above.
3. From the exported Item list .CSV, copy the Description and Item_Code into the Items and Prices Bulk Import template.
4. Using this template, you can update either the Cost, Price, or both. Placing a "1" (without quotes) in the update_price_only column allows for updating price and cost for existing Items. A blank field will not be updated. The "description" and "item_code" columns are used solely for matching existing Items.
Note: Items that do not currently exist will be created by the update process.
6. Once you have compiled and saved your list of desired changes within the Bulk Import template, return to Customers > Bulk Import > Items and Prices. Click the "Choose File" button, then select the updated .CSV file.
7. You will be returned to the Imports menu with a notification under the menu bar:
8. Your Bulk Import is now complete. Returning to the Imports menu will allow you to view the Results of the Import, and view any errors that occurred during the process.
How do I bulk update contract pricing?
- Within the item and price template is the contract_id field. Inputting the id number of the contract will allow you to update the listed items within the contract.
Last updated 10/25/19