This release sees some minor changes to contract and asset features in ServiceTrade.
Setting Up a Third-Party Contract
With this release, you can create contracts that can be used for third-party customers -- that is, you want invoices for work performed to be sent to a customer other than the customer who owns the location being serviced. A typical example of this is warranty work, where the equipment manufacturer would be billed instead of the location's owner.
To set up a third-party contract:
- On the Navigation Bar, click Customers and then Service Contract to the go to the Contracts list.
- Then click Create Contract.
- Select Create Default Contract in the popup that appears. (To learn more about the different types of contracts in ServiceTrade, see this article.
- In the contract creation form, enter a customer in the Bill To Company field:
- If you do select a customer in this field, the selected customer will be the Bill To Customer for all quotes, jobs, and invoices created using this contract.
- If you do not select a customer in this field, the Bill To Customer for all quotes, jobs and invoices created using this contract will be the customer company that owns the location being serviced.
Creating Child Contracts for Default Contracts
As a vendor you may want to be able to choose what type of contract is created when I create a child contract.
When creating a Child Contracts for Default Contracts, you can now choose between creating a company-specific or a default child contract. As a vendor I want to be able to choose what type of contract is created when I create a child contract.
- When choose the Default Child Contract option, the contract will be automatically created as a default type.
- When choose the Company Child Contract option, you will be directed to the Create Service Contract Menu. The parent contract's information will be automatically populated, but you will have to complete the contract creation process. For more info on creating contracts, click here.
On Asset Page, you can now add asset comments. On the bottom of an Asset Page there is a new Comments accordion that allows you to view and add comments about a specific asset.
Note: Techs currently cannot view or add asset comments via the Mobile App at this time.