If a quote is approved, you might get a notification (if you are subscribed to the quote responded notification). It is also a good idea to frequently search the quotes list for quotes of status "Approved without Job".
To create a new job from an approved quote:
- View the quote edit page, and click the topmost button - "Create Job From Quote". This will bring up a menu to create a job.
- Add a PO number if applicable.
- Add a due date if needed. Service due dates (if they exist) will carry over to this field.
- Choose whether or not to copy quote comments and attachments. Because quote comments and attachments can often be billing-related, we default to not copying these to jobs. The privacy settings (public or my company only) will remain intact for all quote comments and attachments.
- Click the green "Create Job From Quote" button. If the button is not illuminated or clickable, you are missing the required information from the above steps.
To add an approved quote to an existing job:
In some cases, you may want to add quotes that were approved by your customers to existing jobs. To do this you can visit the approved quote and select from the Act on this quote section "Add to Existing Job."
After you have clicked the Add to Existing Job you will see a list of available jobs you can add quotes to. You may copy quote attachments to the job if you choose to do so.
In the event you do not see any available jobs on this list, you can create a new job and add to that job.
Reasons why you may not see a specific job in the Add To Existing Job List.
- A canceled job will not display in this list.
- A completed job will not display in this list.
- If you have jobs that are already associated with quotes, they will not show up in this list. ServiceTrade quotes are viewed as contracts once they have been approved. ServiceTrade will only allow one quote to be attached to a job, because multiple contracts may have conflicting pricing.
1. I accidentally added a quote to the wrong job.
- Go to the job in question.
- Find the service(s) that came from the quote.
- Click the gear icon toward the right side of the service information box.
- Click "remove from quote".
The quote will then no longer be associated with the job.
2. Why did the quote description not come over to the job?
- If the job already exists and the quote is attached, the description will not move over.
- The job must be created from the quote in order to bring over the description (you will be presented with an option to bring over the comments and attachments as well).
3. What do I need to do to a quote after adding it to a job, or after creating a job from the quote?
- No further action is required. The final status of a quote is "approved" rather than "approved without job".