If you find that you are taking large amounts of photos on a single job (20+), this is an effective way of saving time by:
- Making it easier to quickly pull out your phone, take a quick photo, then put it away.
- Allowing you to focus on the job, while making it easier to snap a quick photo (without worrying about if it uploads to ServiceTrade every time at the moment it is taken).
- When all of the work has been completed and you have taken all your photos on your phone, you can upload all the photos to ServiceTrade at once.
- This feature is especially useful if you are working in areas with poor cellular reception. You can take all your photos without any data connection, then wait until you get back to the shop or another location to upload the photos via Wi-Fi.
In order to bulk upload photos to a job follow the steps below. These steps will be using photos that were taken with the device's camera app and are saved in the device's Camera Roll
- Ensure that you are clocked into the correct Job to which the photos will be uploaded.
2. Locate the Photos app on your device.
3. Select the photos that you wish to upload to the Job.
4. Click the "Share" button in the bottom left corner to bring up the share menu.
5. Select ServiceTrade as the destination for upload.
Note: If you do not see the "Add to ServiceTrade" button, please follow the instructions at the end of this article to add this option.
6. On the next Preview page confirm the photos that will be uploaded and tap Upload.
7. The selected images will now be found on the job under Attachments.
Important Note: In order to make the Add to ServiceTrade icon appear in the lower gray menu bar. You must first tap the Share button (the blue box with the upward-arrow) in your Photo Gallery, scroll the bar to the far-right, then tap the ellipsis icon labeled More. In this list, tap on the switch next to Add to ServiceTrade (so that it shows green). This will then make the Add to ServiceTrade icon appear in the lower gray menu bar.
Additional Troubleshooting Steps: From your iPhone/iPad home screen, go to Settings > ServiceTrade (from the list of Applications in Settings) then make sure that your screen looks like the one below.