Service Link is our after-Job report that saves paper, impresses customers, and drives fierce loyalty to your company. As a live copy of the Job that they may view anytime, it enables customers to help themselves by reviewing and re-downloading Job information, photos, and paperwork.
This article covers how to send and manage Service Links in your account and keep your customers up to date on the status of your Jobs and Services.
Sending a Service Link
- To send your customer a Service Link, click the blue "Send Service Link" on the Job page.
- In the Service Link dialogue that appears, you can choose what information to show or hide for your customer via the toggles on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Once you have adjusted the Service Link as needed, click "Send Service Link" in the top right corner.
- You will then be asked to choose from existing or to create new contacts as recipients for the Service Link.
- When you click 'Send,' your customer will receive an email inviting them to review your Service Link online.
Note: As with Invoice Links and Quotes, whenever customers view a Service Link, that action is recorded in the Job's History.
- What information is displayed on a Service Link?
- If I change something on the Job or upload new documents or photos, will my customer see that too?
- Do my customers see photo descriptions (entered from the mobile app)?
- Will my customer always be able to see the Service Link?
- Is there a way to remind customers of an upcoming appointment?
- Does Service Link go out automatically?
What information is displayed on a Service Link?
You have control over what your customer can see on the Service Link, both in the below categories and for individual entities within each category.
- Job description
- Services, their descriptions, and the related asset (if applicable).
- Parts/Labor/Items used.
- Note: Only Job-level Comments will appear on PDFs generated from a ServiceLink. Service-level and Location-level comments will not appear on ServiceLink PDFs.
- Attachments (photos, paperwork, etc)
Note: Service Links do not support encrypted PDF files. If you attach an encrypted PDF to your Service Link, you will receive an error when attempting to print the link.
Can I fully customize the look and feel of my Service Link? Like an Email Template?
Outside of the controls listed above, you cannot create email templates and/or fully customize the look and feel of your Service Links.
If I change something on the Job or upload new documents or photos, will my customer see that too?
Yes. The Service Link is completely dynamic - so any changes you make to the Job are immediately available for someone to see on the Service Link page, provided that you have marked them as visible to the customer.
Note: Only the Service Link page changes. The content of the email body that the customer originally received is set and unchanging.
Do my customers see photo descriptions (entered from the mobile app)?
No they do not, these are intended for internal documentation only.
Will my customer always be able to see the Service Link?
- Yes. The Service Link is meant to be a living work order, so anyone with the link can see it at any time in the future to review the Job, download files, or present proof of compliance to entities such as a Fire Marshal.
- The Service Link will remain available even if you cancel a Job or deactivate a company/location.
- The Service Link will remain available even if your ServiceTrade account is deactivated.
Is there a way to remind customers of an upcoming appointment?
You can send them a Service Link! If you send a Service Link before the Job begins, some of the language changes (i.e. "upcoming Job", etc.)
Does Service Link go out automatically?
No. You always have control over when a Service Link (or anything else) is sent to your customer.