The Service Opportunities tool is a bulk job creator and should be the primary way to create jobs from your recurring services.
Recurring Service Generation
Recurring services will be automatically generated and available in the Service Opportunity report.
There are two rules:
- We always generate the next instance of each recurring service.
- You can also manage the range you would like to generate instances of recurring services up to +13 months into the future. (This happens nightly).
In your Account Settings > Account Preferences you can set how many months into the future you would like recurring services to be generated.
So you will always have at least 1 future instance of each recurring service, and possibly many more than that, depending on how many instances of that service could occur between now and up to +13 months based on your Account Preferences.
How do I use Service Opportunities?
1. From the Service Opportunities page, use the text fields to narrow your search results to the services you wish to schedule.
Below, we have provided descriptions of each of the fields.
- Date Range (required) - select the timeframe in which services are due.
- Office (required) - for accounts with multiple offices. You can select a single office to display services for or all offices.
- Service Type (required) - Approved Services (services from an approved quote), Recurring Services, One-Time Services, or all available services.
- Service Lines - used to limit your search to service lines selected in the fields.
- Preferred Technician/Vendor - limit the search to services with the selected preferred technician or vendor.
- Location - search results will be limited to the selected service location.
- Region - only services from the selected, manually-created regions will be displayed.
- Company - displayed services from locations associated with this company will be displayed.
- Location Tags - services from locations with selected tags will be shown.
The example below shows results for approved Kitchen Exhaust cleaning services, due next month, from our Durham office.
2. Selecting one or more of the Services from the results will display the service(s) options. The options you select here are applied to all services selected in your search results.
When selecting locations from your results, services that are coming due that do not match your criteria will be displayed alongside services that do. This allows those services to be booked to the same job if so desired. By default, the jobs that do not match your criteria will not be selected.
3. In addition to creating Jobs from the Service Opportunities screen, you can also "Delay" or "Cancel" these services.
- Delaying a service indicates that you will perform this particular instance of the service at a later time.
- Canceling a service indicates that you are not performing the October occurrence; for example, the November service will be the next one to be performed.
4. In the example above, services with a preferred tech, vendor, and time will be scheduled according to those rules. Once you have your desired options selected, click the "Create Job" button in the top right corner. The number in this field will indicate the number of jobs that you will create.
Note: When searching for Service Opportunities, it's generally best to always leave the "Limit to" search field on the default setting, "Approved Services." This will prevent any Services from appearing in your search that may not yet be approved.
- What does "Month +" mean in the Filter by drop-down?
The number in "Month +" represents the number of months out from the current month that you want to filter by.
For example, if it is currently April, "Month + 3" will show Service Opportunities for July. The filter "Month +" will only show the service opportunities for that selected month and not the preceding months.