The Service Opportunities tool is a bulk job creator and should be the primary way to create jobs from your recurring services. This article will guide users in how to use the Service Opportunities bulk job creator and the features associated with it.
How do I use Service Opportunities?
- From the Service Opportunities page, use the text fields to narrow your search results to the services you wish to schedule.
- Selecting one or more of the Services from the results will display the service(s) options. The options you select here are applied to all services selected in your search results.
- Click the "Create Job" button in the top right corner. The number on this button will indicate the number of jobs you will create. Services with a preferred tech, vendor, and time will be scheduled according to those rules.
- In addition to creating Jobs from the Service Opportunities screen, you can also "Delay" or "Cancel" these services.
- Delaying a service indicates that you will perform this particular instance of the service at a later time.
- Canceling a service indicates that you are not performing the October occurrence; for example, the November service will be the next one to be performed.
Service Opportunities Search Fields
Below, we have provided descriptions of each field used in filtering Service Opportunities.
- Date Range (required) - select the timeframe in which services are due.
- Office (required) - for accounts with multiple offices. You can select a single office to display services for or all offices.
- Service Type (required) - Approved Services (services from an approved quote), Recurring Services, One-Time Services, or all available services.
- Service Lines - used to limit your search to service lines selected in the fields.
- Preferred Technician/Vendor - limit the search to services with the selected preferred technician or vendor.
- Location - search results will be limited to the selected service location.
- Region - only services from the selected, manually-created regions will be displayed.
- Company - displayed services from locations associated with this company will be displayed.
- Location Tags - services from locations with selected tags will be shown.
Example: this image shows filter results for approved Kitchen Exhaust cleaning services, due next month, from our Durham office.
When searching for Service Opportunities, it's generally best to leave the "Limit to" search field on the default setting, "Approved Services." This will prevent any Services from appearing in your search that may not yet be approved.
When selecting locations from your results, services that are coming due that do not match your criteria will be displayed alongside services that do. This allows those services to be booked to the same job if so desired. By default, the jobs that do not match your criteria will not be selected.
Recurring Service Generation in Service Opportunities
Recurring Services will be automatically generated and available in the Service Opportunity report.
There are currently two rules:
- We always generate the next instance of each Recurring Service.
- You can manage the range you would like to generate instances of Recurring Services up to +13 months into the future (this happens nightly).
How to Manage the time range of Recurring Service Generation
- Click on your User Icon in the top right.
- Then click on the Account Settings menu item.
- Next, open on Account Preferences accordion by clicking on it.
- Under the Generate Recurring Services dropdown menu you can set how many months into the future you would like recurring services to be generated.
- Note: You will always have at least 1 future instance of each Recurring Service, and possibly many more than that, depending on how many instances of that service could occur between now and up to +13 months based on your Account Preferences.
What does "Month +" mean in the Filter by drop-down?
- The number in "Month +" represents the number of months out from the current month that you want to filter by.
- For example, if it is currently April, "Month + 3" will show Service Opportunities for July. The filter "Month +" will only show the service opportunities for that selected month and not the preceding months.