ServiceTrade allows jobs to be created with a due by date and then scheduled later.
Jobs created via "Add Job" (location page, scheduler, or dispatch board) are not automatically scheduled. Jobs will only be automatically scheduled if a service on the job has a preferred tech or if the job has a preferred time.
This article will use videos to guide you through using two of ServiceTrade's scheduling options:
The Dispatch Board is a day-by-day, hour-by-hour breakdown of where your team is and where available openings may be, similar to an Emergency Room board or a retail store "break sheet". This is an essential tool for frontline staff who take incoming requests for work, along with schedulers and managers who are looking to monitor the day. In the video below, we walk you through the Dispatch Board:
Minimum Requirements for Dispatch Board Use:
Processor: 2012 Intel Core i5 or Equivalent
Memory: 4 GB of Ram
Operating System: Windows 8.1, Mac OS 10.9.5, Ubuntu 16.04, Fedora 25 (or higher).
I have a very large team and the Dispatch Board is slow.
- Support can disable the clock (red bar) if you like, which can speed up the overall responsiveness of the Dispatch Board in these cases.
- Send an email to email@example.com if you would like us to look into this for you.
How do I schedule vacations, sick time, or other tech time off?
- We recommend creating a company and location that is "Time Away/Vacation", "Sick," etc. so it is easily identified. Next, you will want to create an ongoing job for a reasonable time period (say, a month). You can then schedule a tech for appointments M-F, using the Service Line: "Time Off," and the type "Administrative" to track any technician hours regarding travel time, vacation time, etc.
Is there a view-only mode for the Dispatch Board?
- Not at this time. Some teams will use a TV + a Chrome Stick to display the Dispatch Board in various areas, such as front desk, hallway wall, or break room.
What does the lock icon mean on a job?
- The lock icon on the dispatch board means someone edited a job and the changes haven't yet been saved.