ServiceTrade allows Jobs to be created with a "due by" date and then scheduled later.
- Jobs created via "Add Job" on the Location page, Scheduler, or Dispatch Board) are not automatically scheduled.
- Jobs will only be automatically scheduled if a service on the Job has a preferred tech or if the Job has a preferred time.
This article will use videos to guide you through using two of ServiceTrade's scheduling options:
The Dispatch Board
Important Note: If you would like to learn more about the New Dispatch View, currently available in Open Beta, please see the following link: The New Dispatch Board
Note: You must have at least one active technician user to view the Dispatch Board.
The Dispatch Board is a day-by-day, hour-by-hour breakdown of where your team is and where available openings may be, similar to an Emergency Room board or a retail store "break sheet". This is an essential tool for frontline staff who take incoming requests for work, along with schedulers and managers who are looking to monitor the day.
In the video below, we walk you through the Dispatch Board.
Minimum Requirements for Dispatch Board Use
Processor: 2012 Intel Core i5 or Equivalent
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Operating System: Windows 8.1, Mac OS 10.9.5, Ubuntu 16.04, Fedora 25 (or higher).
The Map Scheduler
Map Scheduler Job Appointment Pin Definitions
|Job Appointment Pin Definition
|It will be Unscheduled only if the job has a status of ‘unscheduled’ and the job appointment has no technicians assigned.
|It will be Scheduled only if the job appointment has more than one technician assigned. It will appear under the technician's name.
|It will be Unassigned only if the job appointment is scheduled and no technician is assigned.
|It will be Assigned only if the job appointment is scheduled and a technician is assigned.
I have a very large team and the Dispatch Board is slow.
- Support can disable the clock (red bar) if you like, which can speed up the overall responsiveness of the Dispatch Board in these cases.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to look into this for you.
How do I schedule vacations, sick time, or other tech time off?
- We recommend creating a Company and Location that is "Time Away/Vacation", "Sick," etc. so it is easily identified.
- Next, you will want to create an ongoing Job for a reasonable time period (say, a month).
- You can then schedule a tech for appointments M-F, using the Service Line: "Time Off."
- Then type "Administrative" to track any technician hours regarding travel time, vacation time, etc.
Is there a view-only mode for the Dispatch Board?
Not at this time. Some teams will use a TV + a Chrome Stick to display the Dispatch Board in various areas, such as the front desk, hallway wall, or break room.
What does the lock icon mean on a Job?
The lock icon on the Dispatch Board means someone edited a Job and the changes haven't yet been saved.