Within ServiceTrade, Appointments are the groups of Services that represent a body of work to be performed by one or more Techs, at a specific point in time. This article will guide users through managing those Appointments via the Job page.
- Scheduling Multi-Day Appointments
- Releasing Appointments to Technicians
- Options when Canceling Appointments
Scheduling Multi-Day Appointments
Creating Multiple Appointments for a Single Service
- From the Job page, click the text "Schedule This Appointment."
- The text then becomes fields you can use to schedule your Appointment. Click on the field containing the date, and a new option will appear to "Choose multiple days."
- Click each date for which an Appointment is needed and then click "Done."
- Finish by selecting the desired start time and expected duration and clicking the blue "Save" button to the right. You will now see multiple, identical copies of your Appointments.
Note: Appointments created from a single service are copies of that original service. This means that marking one instance of the service as complete will mark all instances complete.
Creating Multiple Appointments for Multiple Services
1. To schedule multiple blank Appointments, Click the "Add New Appointment or Service" button and click "Save."
2. After creating this blank Appointment, follow steps 1-4 above to create multiple blank Appointments.
You are now able to add services to these Appointments as you have previously.
- Creating multiple blank Appointments allows job creators to account for multiple-day jobs that cover a variety of tasks.
- For example, if your company handles waste disposal, you might schedule one Appointment for the delivery of a receptacle, another Appointment for pickup, and another for drop-off at a disposal facility.
Releasing Appointments to Technicians
You may find it useful to be able to create and schedule Appointments for your Technicians without immediately giving those Technicians visibility to their schedules. For instance, you may want to finalize a Technician's schedule for next week without showing those Appointments to the Technician until you are finished. To meet this need, ServiceTrade provides the capability to release Appointments to Technicians.
Appointments that have not been released to Technicians do not appear in those Technicians' mobile and tablet apps. Technicians who are subscribed to upcoming Appointment email notifications also do not receive those notifications for unreleased Appointments.
You can release (or unrelease) Appointments from the Dispatch Board and Job Page.
- Appointments that are currently released (visible to the Technician) will have a green dot indicator.
- Appointments that are not currently released (not visible to the Technician) will have a grey dot indicator.
An unreleased Appointment on the dispatch board. Click the "Release" button to release it.
A released Appointment on the dispatch board. Click the "Released" button to unrelease it.
An unreleased Appointment on the job page.
A released Appointment on the job page.
Release (or unrelease) an Appointment from the Job page by clicking the "Actions" menu and choosing Release Appointment (or Unrelease Appointment).
Important Note: By default, all newly created Appointments are immediately released to Technicians.
However, account administrators can change this default behavior by following the steps below.
- Click on your User Profile Image in the upper right corner.
- Click on Account Settings in the drop down menu.
- Click and open the "Automatically Release Appointments" accordion section.
- Click and choose the appropriate setting for "Enable Auto Release."
- If you choose "Yes", Appointments will be released automatically.
- If you choose "No", you must manually release each Appointment to your Technicians before they will see those Appointments on their mobile and tablet apps.
Note: This setting will apply to all Appointments for all of your Technicians in all Offices. Only newly created Appointments are affected by this setting. Changing this setting does not change the released status of existing Appointments.
With ServiceTrade you have the option to cancel a Service, an Appointment, or a Job. Canceling a Job will close the Job and will cancel all the services and Appointments associated with the job.
When canceling an Appointment you will have three options:
- Keep this Appointment's services on this job; All open Services on this Appointment will be moved to an unscheduled Appointment on this job.
- Remove this Appointment's services from this job; All open services on this Appointment will be removed from this job. They will be available at the job's location and can be added to other jobs.
- Cancel this Appointment's services; Cancel all the open services on this job. They will no longer be available at the job's location, and they cannot be added to other jobs.
Note: Canceling a service on an Appointment will leave the option to reopen that Service. Deleting or removing will not.