In ServiceTrade, all "Customers" are a combination of a Location (ship-to / Job-site) and a Company (bill-to). One Company can have many Locations. If creating a residential customer or other situation where there is no distinction, simply input the same information for the Company and the Location.
Creating a New Location
- Select Customers from your navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- Select Locations.
- Click Create Location on the left-hand side of the search fields.
- On the next screen, provide information as desired. Each field with a red asterisk next to it is required.
- In addition to the address and contact information fields, you are also able to select the taxable status of the Location and create a contract specific to the Location, if needed.
- Once the Location information has been completed, select the relevant service lines by clicking the checkbox next to each performed at the Location.
- The final step will be to associate the Location with a Company. The Company can be a new one created at this step, or it can be one that already exists in the account. To associate a new Location with an existing Company, you must type the Company's name into the name field and then select the Company from the drop-down.
- To create a new Company, simply provide the required information and then click the green Save button at the bottom of the page.
- How do I add multiple address lines to a Location?
- How do I deactivate or delete a Company/Location?
- How do I reactivate a Company/Location?
- What happens when I make a Company or Location inactive?
- Where can I see the store number for a Location?
- Why does the history button show on some Location pages and not on others?
- How do I fix a Location that won't map correctly?
- I have tried to fix the address and my Location still won't map correctly.
- Is there a way to put a Location on a "credit hold" or to otherwise prevent the creation of or scheduling of Jobs for a customer that has an overdue Invoice?
- I accidentally merged two Locations, is it possible to undo this?
How do I add multiple address lines to a Location or Company?
- In ServiceTrade, we map addresses to Google Maps to validate them and only use one line for Locations addresses. There is no multi-line addresses for Locations.
- Companies can have multi-line addresses. See the image below:
- If syncing with accounting, Company and Location names should match bill-to and ship-to names in the accounting system. Either name matching or external IDs are the basis for sending Invoices to the right place, and addresses/address formats are not considered for this purpose.
How do I deactivate or delete a Company/Location?
Companies and Locations in ServiceTrade generally cannot be deleted once they have any information associated with them, such as Services, Jobs, Contacts, etc. If you have not created any associated information, then follow the steps below for deletion. Otherwise, you may only make the Company or Location "inactive" by following the steps for deactivation below.
Complete the following steps to deactivate a Company or Location
- Using Universal Search or other methods, navigate to the Customer or Location page for the entity you wish to make inactive.
- Click the red Deactivate button found in the action menu on the right side of the page.
- Choose the option to Leave All Jobs Open or Cancel All Open Jobs, then click Deactivate Location.
4. Your Location is now inactive.
Complete the following steps to delete a Company or Location
- Using Universal Search or other methods, navigate to the Company or Location page for the entity you wish to delete.
- Click Edit, toward the top right of this page, just to the left of the Google Street View.
- On the bottom right side of this page, there will be a Delete Location (or Delete Company) link. If you do not have this link, then you may not be able to delete this record because there is associated information for it needed for other historical records. Follow the instructions below to make the record inactive.
- Confirm by clicking the Delete Location (or Delete Company) button.
How do I reactivate a Company/Location?
- Go to the Company or Location search list.
- Flip the Status pulldown to inactive.
- Search for the Company or Location name that you are looking for.
- Click the Company or Location name to be taken to its page.
- Click Edit.
- Flip Status from inactive to active.
- Click Save.
What happens when I make a Company or Location inactive?
- Locations that are made inactive will no longer show under Service Opportunities.
- Companies/Locations that are made inactive will no longer show in most lists unless you explicitly search for inactive.
Where can I see the store number for a Location?
The store number is a legacy field that will only display:
- As pop-up ToolTips (yellow bar) in certain lists
- If you go to the "edit" function on a Location
- In exports.
For the above reasons:
- The store number is not useful as a visual aid.
- We highly recommend including the store number IN the Location name itself.
Why does the history button show on some Location pages and not on others?
We don't show history if there is no history to show.
How do I fix a Location that won't map correctly?
Note that we only automatically map Locations in the U.S. To fix an existing Location that is not mapped correctly in ServiceTrade:
- Copy the address as entered into ServiceTrade.
- Paste that address into Google Maps in a separate browser tab.
- Observe the result that Google provides.
- Go back to ServiceTrade and update the Location address to be *exactly* what Google found, even if it was really close already.
- Save the Location, and the mapping should be correct.
I have tried to fix the address and my Location still won't map correctly.
- In these cases, you may manually place a map pin to force the Location to be correct.
- From the Location page: Go to the map at the bottom and click the "Adjust Location" button. Then move the pin to where it should be, and click "Save."
- You may need to zoom and pan the map to get what are you looking for on-screen.
- From then on, the mapping geo-coordinates for that address will be correct everywhere in ServiceTrade (Location page, schedule, mobile app, etc).
Is there a way to put a Location on a "credit hold" or to otherwise prevent the creation of or scheduling of Jobs for a customer that has an outstanding Invoice?
- You can change the Location's Company status to 'On Hold'.
- From the Company page, select 'edit.' There you need to change the status to 'On Hold.'
- Once the status change is made for the parent Company, the status will be visible on the Locations page.
- A warning will also be shown whenever a ServiceTrade user attempts to perform any of the following actions for a Location whose parent customers are 'On Hold'
I accidentally merged two Locations, is it possible to undo this?
- As it turns out, there are many complicated tasks that occur when merging two Locations. This is not something that can be undone.