Comments are a core feature of ServiceTrade, commonly used to convey information between office, field, and even customers. Comments have various visibility controls. This article covers various types of comments and common uses.
Most comments may be set to be visible to:
- Only your company (private comment). This means that only people who are logging into your ServiceTrade account can see the comment. Private comments do not show in printed materials or any document, page, or object shared with anyone outside your company. A padlock icon represents private comments after they are created.
- Everyone (will show up by default on Work Acknowledgements, Service Links, Quotes, Invoices, etc.
If you would like to set a company-wide default for comment visibility, someone with full admin access can configure this in your account settings.
SPECIAL COMMENT FLAGS:
When creating the above types of comments, you may check the following flags, which can aid visibility.
- Tech - assures that tech will see comments in ServiceTrade mobile app and the ServiceTrade tablet view. Any comment without the "tech" flag will not show in the ServiceTrade mobile app or tablet view.
- Scheduling - assures that a user of the ServiceTrade Scheduler will see the comment. Scheduling comments are prominently placed in the Service Opportunities page and the Scheduler, allowing easy visibility without sifting through other comments.
- Billing - tags comments that can contain information relevant to your users who are creating and managing invoices in ServiceTrade. Or, if made as a public comment, to customers who view copies of these invoices digitally with Invoice Link or physically via a printed copy.
IMPORTANT: The above tags operate independently. A comment tagged as both "tech" and "scheduling" is possible and will show both on the Scheduler and mobile apps.
TYPES OF COMMENTS:
Company Comment - a bill-to comment or accounting note. Technicians cannot see these in the ServiceTrade mobile app.
Location Comment - a useful note that may apply to all office users of a location (payment statuses), or all field technicians who go there, such as "Gate Code 4869". Location comments with "tech" selected will propagate down to all jobs. Technicians can see them in the ServiceTrade mobile app. ServiceTrade location comments, while they cascade down to any jobs on the location, may only be viewed from the job page. They must be edited or deleted from the location page itself.
Job Comment - information related specifically to this job that is unlikely to be of note on future jobs. Not to be used for new deficiencies, as there is a separate function for these.
Quote Comment - used during quote change requests or for further details on the quote.
Invoice Comment - used primarily for internal office notes on a ServiceTrade invoice and by integrations to explain any invoice issues.