Comments are a core feature of ServiceTrade, commonly used to convey information between office, field, and even customers. This article covers various types of comments and common uses.
Note: If you cannot add or view a comment you may not have the proper User activities set for your account. Please reach out to your Office Admin or Manager at your company.
Comments have various visibility controls. Most comments may be set to be visible to:
- Only your company (private comment): Only people logged into your ServiceTrade account can see the comment. Private comments do not show in printed materials or any document, page, or object shared with anyone outside your company. A padlock icon represents private comments after they are created.
- Everyone: This means the comment will show up to customers and people within your company on Work Acknowledgements, Service Links, Quotes, Invoices, etc.
Note: If you want to set a company-wide default for comment visibility, someone with full admin access can configure this in your account settings.
Special Comment Flags
When creating the above types of comments, you may check the following flags, which can aid visibility.
- Tech - Assures that tech will see comments in ServiceTrade mobile app and the ServiceTrade tablet view. Any comment without the "tech" flag will not show in the ServiceTrade mobile app or tablet view.
- Scheduling - Assures that a user of the ServiceTrade Scheduler will see the comment. Scheduling comments are prominently placed on the Service Opportunities page and the Scheduler, allowing easy visibility without sifting through other comments.
- Billing - Tags comments that can contain information relevant to your users who are creating and managing invoices in ServiceTrade. Or, if made as a public comment, to customers who view copies of these invoices digitally with Invoice Link or physically via a printed copy.
IMPORTANT: The above tags operate independently. A comment tagged as "tech" and "scheduling" is possible and will show both on the Scheduler and Mobile apps.
Types of Comments
- Company Comment - A bill-to comment or accounting note. Technicians cannot see these in the ServiceTrade mobile app.
- Location Comment - A useful note that may apply to all office users of a location (payment statuses), or all field technicians who go there, such as "Gate Code 4869".
- Location comments with "tech" selected will propagate down to all jobs.
- Technicians can see them in the ServiceTrade mobile app.
- Location comments, while they cascade down to any jobs on the location, may only be viewed from the job page. They must be edited or deleted from the location page itself.
- Job Comment - Information related specifically to this job is unlikely to be of note on future jobs. Not to be used for new deficiencies, as there is a separate function for these.
- Quote Comment - Used during quote change requests or for further details on the quote.
- Invoice Comment - Used primarily for internal office notes on a ServiceTrade invoice and by integrations to explain any invoice issues.