ServiceTrade makes managing customer-owned equipment easy. In ServiceTrade we define this customer-owned equipment as Assets.
Tracking Assets provides the Customer, Office, and Technician with richer history and better organization of your service data. Often, the Technician is in the best position to capture accurate Asset information. This is easily accomplished via the ServiceTrade Tablet View, which is covered in the Field Technician portion of the Help Center.
In cases where office workers need to create an Asset on a Location, please see the guide below.
Creating an Asset
- From the Location page, click the green Add Asset button on the right-hand side.
- Select the Asset type from the drop-down that appears, and then provide all desired information in the following fields.
- Once desired information has been provided, click "Save" and the Asset will be added to the list of Assets on the Location.
- I need to add a large number of Assets.
- How do I delete an Asset?
- What is the 'Building' Asset?
- Can I get Asset information to print out on paperwork?
- I need to put more info on an Asset, such as the last few PSI readings, measurements from the last job, etc.
- Can I move an Asset to a New Location?
- Can I use a barcode scanner with Assets?
- I need to report a problem on an Asset.
I need to add a large number of Assets.
Take a look at this article to review the process for bulk importing Assets.
How do I delete an Asset?
Assets cannot be deleted in ServiceTrade. However they can be made inactive. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Asset page.
- Click edit.
- Toggle "Active" to "Inactive"
What is the 'Building' Asset?
On every Location, there is a default Asset simply labeled as Building that allows you to assign general deficiencies to the Location itself as opposed to a specific Asset/piece of equipment.
Can I get Asset information to print out on paperwork?
Absolutely. We cover this in-depth in the "Working with Blank Fillable Paperwork" section of the Help Center.
I need to put more info on an Asset, such as measurements from the last job, etc.
- This information is better recorded on your paperwork.
- Asset fields, while easily edited, are intended for static, rarely changing information, such as serial number, install date, warranty tag#, etc.
Can I move an Asset to a New Location?
Not at this time. Non-moving items that are physically bolted to the building (such as an HVAC unit or an alarm panel) are what Assets are intended for.
Can I use a barcode scanner with Assets?
- Yes, For mobile devices, you will need to research the App Store or Google Play store for an app that gives access to a 3rd party keyboard app that would turn your phone or tablet into a barcode scanner by using the camera.
- Contact your Account Manager or Project Manager if you have any questions.
- Scanners function nearly identically to a keyboard.
The main difference between keyboard entry and scanner data entry is scanning devices enter data automatically, while keyboards need a User to type to enter data.
I need to report a problem on an Asset.
Log a Deficiency, and you may point that deficiency to a specific Asset, rather than the generic Building.