PartsLedger is a ServiceTrade application that keeps track of all inventoried and non-inventoried items, suppliers, vendors, and facilities the customer would use on a job or work order. There are six main components that makeup PartsLedger: inventoried items, non-inventoried items, facilities, suppliers, work orders, and purchase orders.
Components to PartsLedger Workflow:
- Inventoried items: Anything that you are going to charge the customer on the work order directly
- Non-inventoried items: Items that you are granularly keeping track of and indirectly charging the customer
- Suppliers: Any entity that is providing a service, part, or labor that are used on a job
- Facilities: Any truck, tech, and warehouse that stores items as inventory
- Work order: PartsLedger’s verbiage for ServiceTrade jobs
- Purchase order (PO): Order of items, services, parts, and labor, purchased from a supplier, used on a ServiceTrade job or work order.
Additional terms used within PartsLedger can be found in the glossary here.