If you share work with another company, you can link your ServiceTrade account with theirs (assuming they already have one). If you want to share work with a sub-contractor, but they don't already have a ServiceTrade account -- they can sign up and create one for free.
The following steps detail the procedure that an inviter, any user with a ServiceTrade account, can follow to invite another company -- to "link" ServiceTrade accounts.
Creating a New Subcontractor
To begin, you need to add the company you are inviting to your Vendors list.
To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Click the My Account button in the Navigation Menu.
- Click on Vendors (in the sub-menu, under My Account)
- Next click the Create Vendor blue text link in the upper left of the frame.
- On the next page, Enter the Vendor Company's information, and select applicable Service Lines that they (or you) will be performing.
- Once you have completed filling out the information for your Vendor Company, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Inviting a Subcontractor
On your newly created Vendor Company's page, you can follow these steps to invite your new subcontractor to use ServiceTrade:
- Click the blue Invite Company button in the action menu sidebar to the right.
- You will see the email address prompt box appear, displayed below.
- In the prompt box, enter your contact's email address at the subcontracted Vendor Company.
- Ideally, you will have discussed this in advance with the relevant contacts so that they know the email is coming.
- They will receive an email similar to the one shown below.
As you can see in the email above, there are 3 links in this email:
- Link #1 is for recipients of your invitation who do not currently have a ServiceTrade account.
- They can click on this link to setup a free ServiceTrade account, which will allow them to receive work from a primary contractor (free for them as long as they are completing subcontracted work from a paid ServiceTrade subscriber who has job entitlements.)
- Link #2 is for recipients who already have a ServiceTrade account, but they just aren't linked to your account yet.
- Link #3 is a link to ServiceTrade's main website, for informational purposes.
Connecting with a Subcontractor's Company Account
For this article's sake, we will assume that the recipient is already set up with a ServiceTrade account.
- Once they receive the invitation email, they will click on Link #2, and proceed to connect with Fire Protection, Inc.
- Once the recipient accepts your email invitation, they will be taken to the following page after logging into their ServiceTrade account.
- From here, all they have to do is click the green Connect with... button to link their account to yours.
- That's it! Once they accept your invitation, you can begin sharing individual jobs back and forth between accounts.