There are 2 primary types of Contracts in ServiceTrade: Default Contracts and Company Contracts.
- Default contracts define general pricing for jobs for which there is no Contract specific to the Job's customer or subcontractor.
- Company contracts define pricing between your company and a customer or subcontractor.
It's important to remember that Item PRICES are stored in Contracts and NOT in the Item List. You can add an Item's COST (the cost you pay, not the customer). We cover pricing in this Support Article.
Default contracts are able to be manually selected when building a quote or invoice. Company contracts apply automatically.
CREATING A DEFAULT CONTRACT
1. From the Service Contracts screen, click "Create Contract" on the left-hand side.
2. Click "Create Default Contract" from the pop-up menu that appears.
3. When creating a Default Contract the required fields are:
- Contract Name: the searchable name for the Contract you are creating.
- Owner: the name of the User who is creating the Contract.
(Vendor will auto-populate with Your Company's name unless otherwise specified.)
*When creating a Default Contract it is important to remember NOT to add info into the JOB TYPE, LOCATION FIELDS (OFFICE & REGION), WILL BE APPLIED TO INVOICE FOR, and PARENT CONTRACT. These fields are only relevant for Company-Specific Contracts. These are discussed in the section below.*
4. Once all desire information has been provided, click the green "Create" button.
5. You are now ready to begin adding pricing which is covered in this article.
CREATING A COMPANY-SPECIFIC CONTRACT
Creating a Company-Specific Contract follows the exact same steps as creating a Default Contract above. Once the contract has been created, you are then able to define the exact cases wherein this contract will be used.
- Parent Contract - a Default Contract you would like for this Company Contract to inherit.
- Service Vendor - by default this will be Your Company. If you subcontract work out, this may be changed to the subcontractor doing the Job.
- Customer - Bill To that will be attached to the Quotes, Jobs, and Invoices using this Contract.
- Customer PO - Designate a PO number that will appear on all Quotes, Jobs, and Invoices using this Contract.
- Owner - Contract Owner. Defaults to the user that creates the Contract.
- Salesperson - User who will appear on Quotes and Jobs as the Salesperson.
- Starts On - Date that the Contract goes into effect.
- Ends On - Expiration Date of Contract. Note: The ends on date does not invalidate the contract. You will still be able to assign the Contract to Quotes, Jobs, and Invoices. However, the expiration date will appear in red when this is the case.
- Expected Revenue - Revenue your Company expects the Contract to make over the course of its life.
- Review On - a date on which Your Company wishes to review the Contract and its pricing.
- Job Type - Specifies that this Contract is used only on Jobs of a specific type, i.e. Repair, Inspection, or Warranty.
- Locations Assigned to Office - Specifies the specific Office of your company that this Contract will apply to.
- Region - Specifies a Region within your account that this Contract will apply to.
- Location - Specifies a single Location that this Contract will apply to.
If you are creating a Child Contract, you will need to specify which "Parent Contract" to inherit from. For more info on Parent and Child Contracts check out this Support Article.
You will also notice that there is a check box for "Template Contract." If you only want this Contract to be a template that you copy to create other Contracts from, and don't intend this Contract to directly apply to a customer, then you would check the box.