Each ServiceTrade user's account can be configured to receive email notifications, which are triggered when certain things happen like:
- a customer views an emailed quote
- an inoperable deficiency is reported
- an appointment time is changed or modified, etc.
Here are the steps (along with annotated screenshots) on how to do this.
If you are an admin, you can adjust these settings for other users from the admin users page.
To configure your own notifications:
Step 1: Click your user-icon > then click "My Profile" from the drop-down menu (illustrated above).
Step 2: Verify your email address is correct.
Step 3: Scroll down to the "Notifications" bar on the "My Profile" page, and refer to the illustrated screenshot below.
On the left-hand side, is the "Event" column. Here the different kinds of notifications are listed and descriptions of when they notify.
To the right of the Event column is the "Scope" column. Every notification with a drop-down option has a scope which limits when events will notify you.
The final column is the "Email" column. Checking a box in this column means that you wish to receive the selected notification.
Can I set up push notifications for the mobile app? Push notifications are not supported at this time for mobile. The ServiceTrade mobile app is also for tech use only at the present.
How can I set up text messages / SMS notifications? While we don't directly support text message/ SMS notifications, there is a cool way to do this anyway. SMS/MMS messages are email-based under the hood, and it turns out you can send an email (such as a ServiceTrade notification) directly to your text / SMS address. To do this, simply enter your text / SMS address into your account profile for ServiceTrade.
What is my Email-to-Text/SMS Address?
Your email-to-text address typically is: "email@example.com" where "number" = your 10-digit phone number & "mobilegateway.com" = your mobile carrier's gateway. Below are a list of common mobile gateways.
What triggers an appointment modified email?
The time window wherein a modified appointment will trigger an email to assigned technicians is defined as the window of time:
- Beginning last midnight
- Extending to this coming midnight (or 8 hours after the time of the appointment change, whichever extends later)
So, if a preexisting appointment is moved into (or out of) this window, or if a new appointment is created and fits within this window, any assigned techs with this notification enabled will receive a notification.
Actions that trigger this notification are:
- Moving an appointment into, out of, or around in the time window defined above
- Assigning or removing a tech to/from an appointment existing in the time window defined above
- Scheduling & assigning a tech to an appointment in the time window defined above
- Releasing or un-releasing an assigned & scheduled appointment whose scheduled time fall within the time window defined above
What do appointment modified emails look like?
Here are some examples: