This is a reference on bulk importing locations into ServiceTrade.
Before you get started on completing our location import template, you may wish to:
- Familiarize yourself with the concept of locations in ServiceTrade.
- Review the general information on bulk importing.
The following fields are used by the location import template. We present them here with definitions and whether or not they are required.
- location_name (required) - the name of the job site, such as "Harris Teeter #2389".
- street (required) - the physical address of the location. This address should be searchable using Google Maps for best results. (If you have multiple address lines, merge them all into one cell before pasting here. Multiple address lines are neither necessary in ServiceTrade nor supported).
- city (required) - the city of the location.
- state (required) - the state of the location. (Must be abbreviated to 2 characters, such as NY).
- postalcode - the zip or postal code of the location.
- latitude - the number of degrees north (positive) or south (negative) of the equator for this location.
- longitude - the number of degrees east (positive) or west (negative) of the Prime Meridian for this location.
- phone - the location's main phone number.
- primary_contact - the name of the person who is the primary contact for this location.
- primary_contact_type - the general kind of contact that this person is, such as "Onsite", "Manager", "Finance", "Owner", etc.
- primary_contact_phone - the main or best phone number for the person that is the primary contact.
- primary_contact_mobile - the mobile phone contact for the person that is the primary contact.
- primary_contact_alternate_phone - the backup or alternate contact number for the person that is the primary contact.
- primary_contact_email - the email address for the person that is the primary contact.
- email - a generic email for the location that does not correspond to any individual.
- service_lines - a comma-separated list of abbreviations for service lines that you wish to have enabled at this location. The concept of service lines is explained in this article.
- comments - general, not-specific-to-a-single-job comments for this location. Example: "COD Customer".tech_comments - general, not-specific-to-a-single-job comments for this location that you wish for techs to see on their mobile devices. Example: "Gate Code 4598".
- tech_comments - general, not-specific-to-a-single-job comments for this location that you wish for techs to see on their mobile devices. Example: "Gate Code 4598".
- scheduling_comments - comments of particular interest to a scheduler, such as "They prefer that we do Wednesdays before 10 am". These comments show prominently when using our scheduling tools.
- office - defines which offices that a location belongs to. Leave blank for default office. Offices are covered in this article.
- company (required) - the bill-to entity name for this location. Can be new or existing. If existing, there must be an exact name match.
- company_street (required) - the bill-to address for the company. Can be a P.O. Box or other non-mappable address.
- company_city (required) - the city of the company.
- company_state (required) - the state of the company. (Must be abbreviated to 2 characters, such as NY).
- company_postalcode - the zip or postal code of the company.
- company_phone - the main phone number for the company.
- tags - comma-separated list of tag names.
- taxable - whether this location should have sales tax charged by default. Should be "1" if sales tax should be charged. If not provided, the location will NOT be taxable.
- location_intaact_id - if the location already exists within Intaact you can put that Location ID within this field to link it with Location entity within Intaact.
- company_intaact_id - if the company already exists within Intaact then you can place the Company ID within this field to link it to the Company entity within Intaact.
How do I import addresses outside of the U.S. or Canada?
- You must include latitude and longitude for us to properly map the location.
- You must include a two-character state/province/region abbreviation.
I have additional columns in my import template, that are not defined above. What do I put there?
- Any additional column not explicitly mentioned above is almost certainly an External ID.
- These extra fields are not technically required for the import to work. They may be very important, however, particularly to accounting or other integrations.
- You can learn more about External IDs in this article.
- Ask your manager or ServiceTrade admin for more information, and for guidance on what to put in this field.