Invoices that have a status of "pending accounting" are waiting on your external accounting software to process them. No action in or by ServiceTrade is typically required.
It is normal for invoices to be in this state for a short time (several minutes or up to 2 hours.) Below, we cover actions that you may take if you notice an invoice stuck in this status for an unusual length of time. There are different steps depending on which accounting system you use.
Invoice Stuck in "Pending Accounting" for Intacct users:
- Check Intacct system status here: https://us.intacct.com/system-status
- Continue to wait.
- Note: Because Intacct server may experience backlogs, this can sometimes take up to two hours. If the invoice is still in pending after two hours, contact the Support Team.
Invoice Stuck in "Pending Accounting" for QuickBooks Online users:
- Check QuickBooks Online system status here: http://status.developer.intuit.com/
- Continue to wait.
- Note: Because Intuit server may experience backlogs, this can sometimes take up to two hours. If the invoice is still in pending after two hours, contact the Support Team.
Invoice Stuck in "Pending Accounting" for QuickBooks Desktop users:
- Check the QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC), which should either be installed on your QuickBooks server or where your company files reside if you don't have a dedicated server. If you don't know where this is installed, STOP and ask the administrator at your company that does have this information.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks Web Connector is running, which is an icon in the taskbar down in the bottom of your Windows computer screen:
- Note: If it is not running, open QuickBooks Desktop, then click File > App > Update Web Services to reopen the Web Connector.
- Check the interval that QuickBooks Web Connector refreshes. ServiceTrade may simply be waiting for the next time your QuickBooks Web Connector is processing requests. This can be found in the Every-Min column of the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Note: This may be as little as every 2 minutes or could be set to once per day. If this is not known, have the administrator of the PC/Server that runs QuickBooks Web Connector answer this, and share it with the team.
- Check the Status of the last run. Anything other than "Success" is likely an error message, so take a screenshot or write down exactly what the message displays so you can provide that information to ServiceTrade support in step 5 below.
- A ServiceTrade Account Admin user should check the QuickBooks Integrations settings. Make sure there is only one integration per company file and that integration has a green button. An orange button means further configuration settings are required before any invoice goes over. Click the orange button and complete the configuration.
If none of the above solve the issue, send ServiceTrade Support a message with the invoice number, status error message, and any other relevant information and we will take a look. Remember, we can't easily help with "it's broken" but if you've followed the steps above and provide us with actionable information, we will be much better positioned to assist you faster. Please provide contact info for the admin of the PC/Server that is designated to run QuickBooks Web Connector.