ServiceTrade offers contact management at the location and at the company level. In this article, we will walk through the process of creating new contacts and adding existing contacts to your companies and locations.
Creating New Contacts
1. To begin, navigate to the company or location to which you want to add a contact. From this page, click the "Contacts" icon next to the name of the entity.
2. Clicking this link will open a new window where you are able to select "Add Existing Contact" or "Create New Contact." If you need to add an existing contact to a location or company, please skip ahead in this article.
3. After clicking "Create New Contact," a window with multiple text fields will appear. The red asterisk indicates that both of the name fields, and the type field are required. The type field requests the contact's role for this particular site (Finanical, Management, Owner, etc.).
Note: Checking the "Primary Contact" box will mark this contact as the default for all communication that originates from ServiceTrade (quotes, Service and Invoice Links, etc.).
4. Once you have added the desired information, click the green "Create Contact" button, and the contacts associated with the site will be displayed in a list. If you marked, the contact as the primary, then a label will appear next to their name noting this.
Adding an Existing Contact
1. From the contact pop-up, click "Add Existing Contact." In the new window, begin typing the name of the existing contact you wish to add.
2. When the desired contact appears, click on it in the drop-down menu. The contact's information will then populate in the text fields below.
3. Once done, click the green "Add Contact" button to add the contact to the site. The added contact will be displayed in a list with any other contacts on the site.
Can I add additional fields to contacts, such as fax #?
- See video. ServiceTrade location or company contacts represent up to three phone numbers and an email address. If you have a contact that has a nonstandard phone number type, such as a fax number, use the 'Alternate Phone' field.
How do I export contacts?
- Click the Customers button in the navigation bar, and then click Contacts. From this screen, click "Export" in the right-hand corner of the window. Only users with the "Export Contacts" activity will be able to see this button and perform this action.