Tags are useful way to label and group information within ServiceTrade so that they may be retrieved quickly for a variety of purposes. Tags can be applied to customers, locations, jobs, assets, quotes, deficiencies and/or invoices.
This article will guide you in the process of creating and managing tags within your ServiceTrade account.
Note: The ability to add or edit tags is driven by a User's assigned activities.
- Only Account Admin users may access the dedicated Tag Management tool.
- If you only have the View Tags activity in the Role(s) assigned to you, you will not be able to change tags.
- If you have the Edit Tags activity you can add or remove tags, but may only choose from the existing tags already in your account.
- If you have the Manage Tags activitiy you can create new tags by simply adding them to any taggable entity (company, location, quote, etc.) in your account, and then that tag will be selectable as an existing tag for all other users in your account.
- Navigate to the page of the entity (Location, Invoice, etc.) you wish to tag. The steps below will be the same regardless of the entity type.
- Click the Add Tags icon/text below the address information.
- A new text field will open where you can enter your desired tag title.
- Note: When selecting a tag, keep in mind that tags have a maximum size of 32 characters and may contain only letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores.
- Once your tag is entered, click the gray "Done" button next to the text field.
- Your newly-created tag will now appear on the page.
Notice that the text of the link has changed from Add Tags to Edit Tags. Once a page contains one or more tags, Edit Tags will be displayed on the page.
Adding Existing Tags
The steps for adding an existing tag to a page will follow the same steps and rules listed above, with one minor exception.
- Click on Edit Tags and begin typing the name of the already-created tag.
- You will see existing tags appear in the drop-down menu below the text field.
- Click the name of the desired tag, and it will be added to the page.
Tag Management Tool
Available exclusively to Account Admins, the Tag Management tool allows admins to view a complete list of tags currently in their account and to quickly rename, merge, or delete these tags.
- Access the tool by clicking the My Account button in the navigation bar and then selecting the Tags link below.
- A new page will appear with the list of tags that currently exist within your account. To the right of the tag name, you will see the type and number of pages associated with those tags.
- From this screen, you are able to rename or merge tags by clicking the corresponding links, or you may delete a tag entirely by clicking the trash can icon.
- Clicking Rename will open a new window where you can type the desired text for the new tag.
- Once the text has been entered, click the blue Rename Tag button to complete the process.
- Clicking Merge will open a new dialog window. This tool will replace the tag from the row in which you clicked Merge and replace that tag with the one selected from the dropdown menu.
How can I automatically tag certain jobs, etc?
- Location and quote tags are special, and will "cascade" down to new jobs for that location or quote, appearing on the job as well.
- No other kind of tag behaves in the above way at this time.
I can't find anything when searching for a tag.
- Universal search (the top bar) does not support tags.
- To search for a tag, first go to a list, such as invoices or locations, then search by tag there.
Am I able to search for more than one tag at a time?
- Yes, you are.
- Begin by searching for the first tag, and selecting it from the autocomplete menu.
- Then type a comma, and begin typing your second tag, and so on.
- Separate each tag with a comma as you are adding new ones.
- The autocomplete will only work for the first tag, but the search will still work.