While your technicians are in the field, they may need to create purchase orders for ServiceTrade Jobs. Below is how your technicians would be able to create a purchase order by using the PartsLedger mobile application.
Create a Purchase Order
1. Open your web browser on your mobile device or tablet
2. Go to app.partsledger.io and log in with your PartsLedger user information
3. In the Generate New PO box, enter the ServiceTrade job number in the Job Number box and the supplier of the items that will be used on the job
4. Tap the Create New PO button
- If you are not the technician assigned to the job number, you may receive a prompt asking you to tap the “Create New PO” button again
- If you are the technician(s) assigned to the job number, you will not see if this prompt
5. After creating a new PO, a new screen will appear with the job information, a place where you can edit the PO by adding new or existing items, and add a PO description.
- Newly created items are required to have a service line, cost, and quantity attached to them
- The existing items are items that are already attached to the job via a quote
- To add existing items, you will tap the “Add existing items” tab, then select the items that you would like to add to PO
6. Once the items have been added, whether new or existing, you will tap the Finalize PO button
Various statuses while PartsLedger adds the items to the ServiceTrade job, the statuses are: Creating PO, Adding Parts to ServiceTrade, Finalize PO
7. The last screen is a list of the parts, labor, and items that have been added to the designated ServiceTrade job. Once verifying the information is correct, tap Done.
Note: In order to receive the items, see Receive parts from a purchase order support article