When a PO has been created with items attached to it, there are times when the items are not attached to the ServiceTrade job. For those items to be attached to the Job, you have to edit the item.
Editing a Purchase Order
1. In your web browser, go to ledger.partsledger.io and log in with your PartsLedger user information
2. Click the Orders tab, then click List
- If you know the purchase order number, you can enter it into the search box, but if you do not, you can sort the order number by newest to oldest by clicking the Order Number header to Order Number
3. After searching for the PO number, click View on the right side of the list
4. Scroll down until you see the Edit button and click this button
Note: The screen will refresh automatically to a similar screen as before with additional icons and a place to add more items
5. Looking at the existing items on the PO, you will see a small, orange pencil on the left side of the item’s description. Click this to edit that particular item
6. After clicking the pencil, there is an “Edit Order Item #” window with the information of the item that you are currently editing
7. Within this window, you will see all information associated with this item, such as cost, quantity, description, and which facility the item is from.
There is a drop-down menu called, Adjustment. Here you can add a Discount or a Surcharge to an item. For a Surcharge, you will select Surcharge from the menu and either input a positive percentage in the Percentage box or amount in the Amount box. For a Discount, you will follow the same steps as utilizing a surcharge, except you will select Discount and input a negative percentage or amount in the designated boxes.
8. Once all of the information on the item has been updated, scroll to the bottom and click the “Update Order Item #” button.
See video for visual walkthrough
Note: If you need to link the items to a Work Order, see the Create a Purchase Order in PartsLedger