Within the mobile app, technicians are able to transfer stock from one warehouse to another. For example, if a technician is on a job that requires 10 filters but they can only put 5 on the job, they would need to transfer 5 more items from a warehouse that had the necessary amount. Technicians are able to complete this task by using the Transfer Stock window in the PartsLedger mobile app
1. Log in to app.partsledger.io with a PartsLedger account
2. Click the three dashes and select Admin
3. Scroll down this screen until you see “Technician Mobile App Settings”
When you see Techs Can Transfer Stock, click the drop-down menu, select yes, and click the Save button
Note: You will have to log out and log back in for the changes to take effect
4. After you log in and out of the PartsLedger mobile app, repeat steps 2 and 3. You will see two drop-down menus: Techs Can Transfer From/Techs Can Transfer To
There are five options:
- All Warehouses: Technicians can transfer stock to and from all warehouses that are on the ServiceTrade account
- Warehouses at the Tech’s Office Only: Technicians can transfer stock to and from warehouses that are part of their assigned ServiceTrade office
- Only the Tech’s and Tech’s Office Default Warehouses: Technicians can only transfer stock to and from the warehouse that the tech is assigned to ServiceTrade and the warehouse that the tech’s office is assigned to. This setting acts as a parent/child relationship. For example, if the tech is assigned to Truck 1 and the office that the tech is assigned to has the warehouse as Main Warehouse, the parent is Main Warehouse and the child is Truck 1.
- Only the Tech’s Office Default Warehouse: Technicians can transfer stock to and from their ServiceTrade office’s assigned warehouse. For example, if the tech is assigned to the Main Office in ServiceTrade, they can only transfer stock to and from that warehouse.
- Only the Tech’s Default Warehouse: Technicians can only transfer stock to and from their assigned ServiceTrade warehouse. For example, if the tech is assigned to the warehouse, Truck 1, then that is the only warehouse that they can transfer stock to and from.
5. Click the Save button, you will have to log out and log back into the PartsLedger mobile app to see the changes that occur.
6. Tap Home then scroll to the bottom of the screen
7. Choose the From Warehouse and To Warehouse, tap Create Transfer
8. Search for the item or items that you would like to transfer and tap Add Item to Transfer
9. Once the list of items has been created, tap Finalize Transfer.
10. When the transfer is complete, you will see a notification stating that the transfer is complete
Note: For where to find the technicians’ assigned warehouse and office, the Creating and Managing Users support article will walk you through the process.