Setting up a form in Device Magic
Setting up the form in the ServiceForms Connector, including setup of your form's dispatch and destination rules.
Device Magic Form Setup
There are two ways to set up a form in Device Magic:
- The automated way (The automated way is the best, and is outlined below.)
- The manual way. If you'd like to add a form using the manual way, you can follow those instructions here.
Automated Form Setup in Device Magic
- Go to the ServiceForms Connector URL, serviceforms.servicetrade.com.
- Log in with the ServiceTrade username and password of a user that has been granted the Admin Account activity.
- Click on the 'Add New Form' button to the right of the search bar at the top of the screen.
- In the popup prompt that appears, enter the name of the form that you want to add.
- Then click OK.
- Once the form is created, click the ‘Edit in Device Magic’ button to add the individual form fields to the form in Device Magic.
- Add as many form fields as necessary to meet your requirements.
For information on creating your forms in Device Magic, visit the Device Magic Help Center.
See ServiceForms Data Mappings and Rule Options for details about field naming conventions.
Click ‘Save and Close’ in the upper right, then continue with ServiceForms Connector Form Setup below.
ServiceForms Connector Form Setup
- Go back to the ServiceForms Connector URL.
- If you have not already, log in with the ServiceTrade username and password of a user that has been granted the Admin Account activity.
- You should see a list of forms, and the newly created form should appear there. Click on the new form. Then follow the instructions on Creating a Dispatch Rule below.
Create a Dispatch Rule
Follow these instructions to create a dispatch rule that determines when this form will be sent to technicians when they log in. You must create a dispatch rule for every form.
- On the form details page, click 'Add Dispatch Rule'.
- On the dispatch rule add page, select the circumstances under which this form will be dispatched.
- Note: If you leave all settings at their defaults, this form will be dispatched for every job. If you choose some settings, this form will be dispatched when all of the settings that you selected match the job.
- For instance, if you choose a job type of ‘Inspection’ and a service line of ‘Sprinkler’, this form will be dispatched only for jobs of type ‘Inspection’ that contain at least one active service with the ‘Sprinkler’ service line
- Choose whether to include:
- (A) all the assets associated with the appointment’s location (this will be a larger set of assets); or,
- (B) only assets associated with services on the appointment (typically this will be a small, targeted set of assets).
- Click 'Save Dispatch Rule' to save the rule.
Create a Destination Rule
Creating destinations in the ServiceForms Connector is currently only used for one destination - updating information in your ServiceTrade account. This destination rule determines what action(s) the Connector should take when it receives a filled-out form from a technician.
Once you've completed the form set up and created destination and dispatch rules, you are ready to test and use your form.
For a comprehensive checklist on testing your form and information on using your form, click here.
All support requests for ServiceForms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following if you are able:
- Description of the problem
- Job number (if applicable)
- Name of the form
- Screenshot of the problem if available.