For many ServiceTrade customers, the time on the job does not begin when the technician arrives on the service location, but when the technician starts their trip to the site. Users may wish to send a notification to their customers that a tech is on the way, and this article will walk technicians through this process.
1. From the appointment list screen, tap on the job you wish to clock in to.
2. A new screen appears, giving you the option to clock in to the job. By default, this is the on site clock in type (a green box at the bottom of the screen).
3. Swipe to the left on the green clock in bar, and a new En Route clock in option will appear.
4. Tap the bar, to expand the En Route menu.
5. Tap the "Notify Customer" button. The new screen will allow you to select the estimated arrival time, along with a list of customers on the location you can choose to notify. Select as many, or as few, as you wish, and then tap send in the top right corner.
6. Your customer receives an email notification, notifying them of the technician's status.