This article will run through the steps of creating a Work Acknowledgement by a tech in the field, and requires a tablet to complete.
The work acknowledgment step will typically be the second to last step during a job. Once the technician completes the work for the customer, prior to clocking out, they have the option of having the customer sign for the work and create a Work Acknowledgement. This can then be emailed to the customer in PDF form and can also be accessible to them online.
1. From the appointment screen of a job, scroll down to the "Create Work Authorization" button below the list of tiles.
2. This will lead you to a page that will allow you to review the job details as follows:
- Contacts - Select an existing contact or create a new one for the person that will be signing the work acknowledgment
- Services - Services that were assigned to the appointment the work ack is being created for.
- Job Items - Job items that were used on the appointment
- Files and Photos - Documents and photos that were uploaded to the appointment
- Deficiencies - Deficiencies that were created on the appointment
- Comments - Public comments on the job or location associated with the appointment
- Job Number - ServiceTrade job number associated with the appointment
- Job Type - Type of job being performed
- Customer PO - Text field to add a customer PO if one is provided
3. Once the information has been reviewed and approved, tap "Review" in the top right corner to provide a copy of the work acknowledgment that the customer can review, including your company's terms and conditions.
4. Once the customer has completed their review, they will tap the switch to acknowledge that the work has been completed, and then tap "Confirm and Sign" to move to the next screen.
5. Customer will be taken to a screen where they will review their contact information, and then indicate whether or not they would like an emailed copy of the work ack.
6. Customer will then tap "Next" in the top right corner, and sign the document.
7. Once customer has signed, they tap "Complete" in the top right corner, where they will then be instructed to return the device to the technician. From here, additional copies can be e-mailed using the "Email Copy" button below.
8. The technician can then tap "Done" in the top right corner to return to the appointment screen and clock out of the job.
Can I modify a work acknowledgment that has already been sent, and then resend it?
- You can't modify a work acknowledgment after its creation. The PDF has been flattened and prohibits editing.
- However, a User with Admin credentials can delete the Work Acknowledgement from a Job, which will allow the Tech to create another one. The one caveat to this is the Work Acknowledgment is NOT IMMEDIATELY available for the Techs to create after it is deleted by an Admin. IT WILL TAKE TIME before the Tech can create a new one.