The purpose of this article is to help you create, set up, and configure your ServiceTrade account.
Create Your ServiceTrade Account
If you have not done so, click here to create your ServiceTrade account.
The sign-up process creates one user by default with permissions to do everything in the application, and it also sets up your list of service lines, which tells us what kinds of work your company does. The account sign-up process creates a Self-Starter account, which is limited in several ways. If you have purchased a subscription, we will upgrade your account based on your ServiceTrade agreement terms.
You'll want to create a user in your ServiceTrade account for each Office employee and Technician that will be needing access.
Creating New Users
- Click on the My Account tab in the Navigation Menu.
- Click on Users to get to the User Management page.
- Click Create User in the top left of the window.
- Next, fill in at least all required fields marked with a red asterisk.
- Note: If you are using Service Reviews, the Technician email must match their email in NearbyNow.
- Select whether or not the user type is a Salesperson, Helper, or Technician.
- Salesperson - When selected, this user will not count towards your overall subscription license total. A default Role is not assigned to the User. A Salesperson User Type, allows you to assign this user to quotes, contracts, and track the Salesperson.
- Technician - When selected, this user will count towards your overall subscription license total. The default Role will be "Account Tech + History" unless you have created a custom Tech role.
Follow this link, if you need to create a User that acts as a Placeholder Technician that does not count towards your overall subscription license total.
- Helper - When selected, this user will count towards your overall subscription license total. The default Role will be "Account Tech Helper." A Helper can only have the Role "Account Tech Helper."
- Note: You can combine user types, however, you cannot combine a Helper and Technician.
- If a user is a Technician, you will need to select any relevant service lines, which correspond to his or her ability to complete a Job for a given trade.
- Click Save.
Assigning Standard Roles to the User
- Roles control what the user can do. There are a series of default roles that can be selected for a user.
- Select the Role or combination of roles that best fit the user you've created.
- If you need permissions that vary from the standard roles, you may wish to create and assign Custom Roles.
Adding a user profile photo
We highly suggest adding photos of your techs for use on the dispatch board and communications to customers.
Configuring user notification settings
More details on managing notifications are available in this article.
Technician-Specific Labor Items and Costs
- If the user is a Tech and you're using labor items in your account, you can set up labor costs per item for each Tech.
- Open the 'Labor Rates' accordion section and type a cost for each labor item for that Tech.
Adding User Details & Custom Fields to Users
(Such as an Internal Employee ID # or a Tech Certification number)
- Click on the desired user.
- Click on the "Edit User" button.
- Enter the desired information in the "User Details" Section.
Repeat these steps for each Office employee or Technician user in your company.
Note: Users are not notified that you have created an account for them. You will need to do so using whichever method you desire.
You can see more info on user creation included within our User Management FAQ.
Company Brand (Logos)
You can add your Company logo(s) for use in your ServiceTrade account.
Step-by-Step Company Brand Setup
- Click this link to go to your account settings: "Account settings."
- On the Account Settings page, click the Manage Brands button.
Note: This will open the Brands section on your Company Page. A Default Brand will be automatically created with your account.
- To upload your logo, click the Pencil next to your Default Brand.
- Then click the Choose File button in the logo area.
- Choose your logo file for upload from your computer's files,
- Click Save, and your logo will upload to your Default Brand.
Note: If you need to upload multiple logos and manage multiple brands within your Account, please see the following Help Center article for more details on Custom Branding.
Account Job Types
You can choose the job types that are available for use within your account.
Step-by-Step Account Job Type Setup
- Click this link to go to your Account Settings page.
- Click to open the Job Types section on this page.
- Once revealed, deselect or select the Job Types that you'd like to use within your account.
- Click the Save button to finalize your selection.
Terms and Conditions
You can add one or more sets of Terms and Conditions for use on Jobs and Quotes in your account.
Step-by-Step: Adding Terms and Conditions
- Click the following link to add your Terms and Conditions.
- Once on this page, click the Create a set of Terms and Conditions link to add each set of Terms and Conditions.
- Name your terms and conditions using the Name field.
- Add in the Content of your terms. (Copy and paste from your current terms).
More info on your account's Terms and Conditions is available here.
- Click Save.
These saved terms will show in your list on this page and can be used as default terms or selected as quote terms when you create quote templates.
Step-by-Step: Setting your default Terms and Conditions
- Click this link to go to your Account Settings page.
- Click to open the Terms and Conditions section.
- There is a dropdown to select your Default Terms and Conditions for Jobs, Quotes, and Invoices.
- Choose the Terms and Conditions you would like to auto-apply to either Jobs, Quotes, or Invoices.
(If the same set of Terms applies to both, select the same Terms for both.)
- Click the Save button.
Service Lines are a powerful way to search and filter data by trade or type of work. Using Service Lines can be very useful when you need to export and run reports based on the type of work you perform.
You can choose the Service Lines that are available in your account. More information on Service Lines is available here.
Step-by-Step: Service Lines
- Click the following link to access your My Company details.
- Once on this page, you'll see the list of provided Service Lines for your company on the right side.
- To edit this list, click the small Edit link to the left of the green buttons.
This will bring you to an extensive list of ALL Provided Service Lines available for use within ServiceTrade.
- Select or Deselect the Provided Service Lines you want on this list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
- In your ServiceTrade Account Settings
- Click Sales Tax to control your Customer's taxability settings.
- On the Default location taxability drop-down, select Not Taxable or Taxable to set your location's taxability settings.
This setting determines how ServiceTrade will handle sales tax on your quotes and invoices. You can either set them manually by entering a sales tax rate or auto-assign sales tax by setting up Sales Tax Groups.
If you have multiple physical Locations or multiple logical divisions within your Company, you may wish to add Offices. Offices may have their own logos and contact info. This is especially useful if you own or operate under multiple brands.
- To add an office, go to your My Company page.
- Click the grey bar labeled Office Locations.
- Click the Add Office button.
- Fill out the Name (required), Address (required), Phone, and Email Address of the Office.
- If needed, select the Service Lines that can be performed out of that office.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save".
- Repeat these steps for each office in your Company.
Regions are a powerful way to filter results and organize Customers based on geography.
Here is a 2-minute video on how to set up Regions:
NOTE: Once regions are set up, they are automatically assigned when you create a new location. If you bulk import locations, it may take a few hours for all region information to populate, so there may be a slight delay before searching by region for one of your newly imported locations works.
Importing and Gathering Data
Once your account is set up, you can move forward with transforming your existing Customer Data and importing it into ServiceTrade.
Note: Most customers enlist our support team's services to assist them with successful data import, but you may wish to view the Bulk Import page to review the process.
The following types of data may be Bulk Imported into ServiceTrade:
- Customers - Your service Locations (ship-to addresses) and their associated Companies (bill-to addresses).
- Services - One-time and Recurring Services(Services performed at a specific Location with descriptions or tasks, along with frequency/interval of recurrence.)
- Items - Items (line items you would use on Jobs or Invoices are usually exported from accounting.)
- Assets - Assets (lists of customer-owned equipment and details, such as an HVAC unit, serial number, filter type, etc.)
- Invoice Updates - Invoice Updates (update the Invoice Id, Status, Invoice number, Customer PO.)
- Invoice Payments - Invoice Payments (bulk update Invoice payment amounts and payments types)
- Tax Group Postal Codes - Tax Group Postal Codes (bulk import tax codes based on postal code.)
- Setting up Forms / Reports / Job Paperwork - ServiceTrade supports the automatic attachment of relevant PDF forms to jobs and even can pre-fill them with certain known info (Location info, Asset info, etc.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.