CREATE YOUR SERVICETRADE ACCOUNT
If you have not done so already:
The sign-up process creates one user by default with permissions to do everything in the application, and it also sets up your list of service lines, which tells us what kinds of work your company does. The account sign-up process creates a Self-Starter account, which is limited in several ways. If you have purchased a subscription, we will upgrade your account based on your ServiceTrade agreement terms.
Click the links below to be directed to a specific section of this article.
- USER SETUP
- COMPANY BRAND (Logos)
- ACCOUNT JOB TYPES
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- SERVICE LINES
- SALES TAX
- IMPORTING AND GATHERING DATA
You'll want to create a user in your ServiceTrade account for each office and technician that will be needing access.
- Navigate to the user management page under My Account -> Users.
- Click Create User in the top left of the window.
- Fill in at least all fields marked with a red asterisk (required). (If using Service Reviews, the technician's email must match their email in NearbyNow.)
- Select whether or not the user is a technician.
- If a user is a technician, you will need to select any relevant service lines, which correspond to his or her ability to complete a job for a given trade.
- Click the orange 'Save' button.
- Assign relevant standard roles to the user. Roles control what the user can do. There are a series of default roles that can be selected for a user. Select the role or combination of roles that best fit the user you've created. If you need permission that varies from the standard roles, you may wish to create and assign custom roles.
- Add a user profile photo if applicable. We highly suggest adding photos of your techs for use on the dispatch board and communications to customers.
- Configure user notification settings. More details on managing notifications are available in this article.
- If the user is a tech and you're using labor items in your account, you can setup labor costs per item for each tech. Open the 'Labor Rates' section and type a cost for each labor item for that tech.
- Repeat these steps for each office or tech user in your company.
To see more info on user creation, including user management FAQ, follow this link.
COMPANY BRAND (Logos)
You can add your company logo(s) for use in your ServiceTrade account.
- Click this link to go to your account settings "Account settings."
- On the account settings page, click the 'Manage Brands' button.
- This will open the brands section on your company page. A default brand will be automatically created with your account.
- To upload your logo, click the 'Pencil' next to your default brand, then click the 'Choose File' button in the logo area.
- Choose your logo file for upload from your computer files, click 'Save', and your logo will upload to your default brand.
- If you need to upload multiple logos and manage multiple brands within your account, please see the following Help Center article for more details on Custom Branding.
ACCOUNT JOB TYPES
You can choose the job types that are available for use within your account.
Click this link to go to your account settings page "Account settings." Click to open the 'Job Types' section on this page. Once revealed, deselect or select the job types that you'd like to use within your account. Click the 'Save' button to finalize your selection.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You can add one or more sets of Terms and Conditions for use on Jobs and Quotes in your account.
Add Terms and Conditions
- Click the following link to add your Terms and Conditions "terms and conditions admin page."
- Once on this page, click the "Create a set of Terms and Conditions" link to add each set of T&Cs.
- Name your terms and conditions using the "Name" field. Add in the "Content" of your terms. (Copy and paste from your current terms). (More info on your account's Terms and Conditions is available here.
- Click 'Save.'
- These saved terms will show in your list on this page and can be used as default terms or selected as quote terms when you create quote templates.
Set your default Terms and Conditions
- Click this link to go to your account settings page "Account settings".
- Click to open the 'Terms and Conditions' section on this page.
- Once revealed, there is a dropdown to select your default terms for jobs and quotes.
- Choose the Terms and Conditions that you'd like to auto-apply to either Jobs or Quotes. (If the same set of Terms apply to both, select the same Terms for both.)
- Click the 'Save' button to finalize your selection.
You can choose the Service lines that are available in your account. More information on Service Lines is available here.
- Click the following link to access your "My Company" details.
- Once on this page, you'll see the list of provided Service Lines for your company on the right side.
- To edit this list, click the small "Edit" link to the left of the green buttons.
- This will bring you to an extensive list of ALL Service Lines available for use within ServiceTrade. Select or Deselect the Service Lines you want on this list.
- Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'Save' button.
In your ServiceTrade Account Settings > Sales Tax, you can control your Customer's taxability settings.
Default Location Taxability
Newly created locations taxability settings can be set to 'Not taxable' or 'Taxable.'
Sale Tax on Transactions
This is setting determines how ServiceTrade will handle sales tax on your quotes and invoices. You can either set them manually by entering a sales tax rate or auto-assign sales tax by setting up Sales Tax Groups.
If you have multiple physical locations or multiple logical divisions within your company, you may wish to add offices. Offices may have their own logos and contact info. This is especially useful if you own or operate under multiple brands.
- To add an office, click this link: My Company.
- Open the grey bar labeled "Office Locations".
- Click the "Add Office" button.
- Fill out the Name (required), Address (required), phone, and email address of the office.
- If needed, choose the Service Lines that can be performed out of that office.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save".
- Repeat these steps for each office in your company.
Regions are a powerful way to filter results and to organize customers based on geography. Here is a 2-minute video on setting up Regions:
NOTE: Once regions are set up, they are automatically assigned when you create a new location. If you bulk import locations, it may take a few hours for all region information to populate, so there may be a slight delay before searching by region for one of your newly imported locations works.
IMPORTING AND GATHERING DATA
Once your account is set up, you can move forward with transforming your existing customer data and importing it into ServiceTrade. Most customers enlist our support team's services to assist them with successful data import, but you may wish to view the Bulk Import page to review the process. The following types of data may be bulk imported into ServiceTrade:
Customers - Your service locations (ship-to addresses) and their associated companies (bill-to addresses).
Services - Recurring services (services performed at a specific location with descriptions or tasks, along with frequency/interval of recurrence).
Items - Items (line items you would use on jobs or invoices are usually exported from accounting).
Assets - Assets (lists of customer-owned equipment and details, such as an HVAC unit, serial number, filter type, etc.).
Setting up Forms / Reports / Job Paperwork - ServiceTrade supports the automatic attachment of relevant PDF forms to jobs and even can pre-fill them with certain known info (location info, asset info, etc.) For more information, see this article on creating fillable PDF paperwork.