Important Note: ServiceForms is now ServiceTrade InspectionManager. InspectionManager retains all of the inspection automation benefits of its predecessor but with some important additions. To read more about this exciting change, read more here.
This article will show you how to add a new user to your Device Magic Management Console.
Note: By default, you must be an “Owner” in your Device Magic organization to add new users.
Note: Adding a new user is not the same as adding a new device to your organization. To learn how to add a new device, see this article.
Adding a New User
- After logging into your Device Magic Management Console, scroll down the action bar on the left and expand the Settings dropdown menu.
- Click on Manage Users & Roles.
- On the Users & Roles page, you will see a list of your organization's users and their assigned roles.
- To add a new user, click the New User button in the top right corner of the page.
- A pop-up will prompt you to enter the new user’s email address and select a role for them within your organization.
- After clicking Create User, they will be sent an email invitation to join your organization with instructions to create a Device Magic account if they do not already have one.
Managing User Roles
- On the Users & Roles Page, click the Roles tab.
- From there, you will see a list of all available roles and how many users are assigned to each. You can edit their permissions or create a new role.
- Scroll through the list of permissions and check the boxes beside any you want your new role to have.
- Click Create Role in the top right of the page to save the new role.
Note: To remove a user with the Owner role from your organization, they must first be assigned a new role.
For more on the Device Magic Management Console, see our collection of articles.