Important Note: ServiceForms is now ServiceTrade InspectionManager. InspectionManager retains all of the inspection automation benefits of its predecessor but with some important additions. To read more about this exciting change, read more here.
An Overview of the InspectionManager Connector
The InspectionManager Connector is the web application that connects Device Magic with your ServiceTrade account.
This article will provide a basic overview of the Connector. Admin users of ServiceTrade can access the InspectionManager Connector at serviceforms.servicetrade.com by logging in with their admin credentials.
After logging in, the homepage will show the complete list of forms in your account. From the top of the page, you can search for a specific form or add a new form. Adding a new form from the InspectionManager Connector will create the form in the Device Magic Management Console and automatically add destinations that will send submissions to your ServiceTrade account.
This is the recommended way to create new forms. For more information on adding new forms this way, see this article.
Clicking the InspectionManager logo in the top left corner will return you to the homepage from anywhere in the Connector.
Form Detail Page
Clicking a specific form from the Forms list will open the details for that form. From that page you can:
- Edit in Device Magic (1) - Open the form in the Device Magic Form Editor.
- Dispatch to: (2) - Open the form’s Dispatch Rule.
- Destination rules: (3) - Open the form’s Destination Rule.
- + Add Destination Rule (4) - Add a new Destination Rule for the form.
Dispatch Rules Detail Page
Clicking the Dispatch Rule will open a page to edit that form’s Dispatch Rule. On that page, you will see:
- Customer (1) - The criteria that a job within ServiceTrade must meet to dispatch the form to a technician’s device.
- Test Rule (2) - A button to test the Dispatch Rule.
- Delete Dispatch Rule (3) - A button to delete the Dispatch Rule.
- Save Dispatch Rule (4) - A button to save the Dispatch Rule after making any edits.
- Clicking the form's name (5) above the “Edit Dispatch” header will take you back to the form details page. For more on Dispatch Rules, see this article.
Destination Rules Detail Page
Important Note: Please use caution when on this page. We do not recommend making any changes without discussing them with InspectionManager Support or your InspectionManager Project Manager.
Warning: Before making any changes to your Dispatch Mapping code, it's important to understand that deleting, removing, or adding any of the code in the Dispatch Mapping section can break your dispatch rules. Before you begin, please copy your existing code into a secure and saved document so you can reference it for future use. ServiceTrade cannot guarantee a backup of your original dispatch mapping code.
Clicking the Destination Rule will open a page to edit that form’s Destination Rule. The Destination Rule controls the automated actions in ServiceTrade when a tech submits a form, such as creating and updating assets, creating deficiencies, etc.
On the Edit Destination page, you will see:
- The Destination Type, Destination Name, and the code that controls the Destination Rule (1).
- A button to test the Destination Rule (2)
- Note: Testing the Destination Rule from the InspectionManager Connector WILL make changes in your ServiceTrade account. Use caution when testing the Destination Rule.
- Delete Destination Rule (3) - A button to delete the Destination Rule.
- Save Destination Rule (4) - A button to save the Destination Rule after making changes.
- Clicking the form's name (5) above the “Edit Destination” header will take you back to the form details page.
For information about creating Destination Rules, see this article.
The Settings page can be accessed from the action bar on the left. You will likely not need to change most of these settings once your InspectionManager Connector has been set up.
The only settings you may want to change are the General Settings at the bottom of the page:
Failure Notification Email (1)
Is where notifications of Destination Rule failures will be delivered. Multiple email addresses can be added to this field.
Prevent Multiple Dispatches (2)
This toggle will control whether or not technicians will receive multiple dispatches of the same form if they clock-in and out of a job multiple times.
Delete Old Dispatches (3)
Important Note: Form dispatched to your technicians' devices that are older than the number of hours that you choose here will be automatically deleted from their devices. This could cause your technicians to lose work. USE THIS SETTING WITH CAUTION.
Controls how long dispatches will remain on techs’ devices if they are not acted upon. The Deleting old dispatches feature will not delete drafts that a technician has saved on their device.
If you update any of these settings, be sure to click the “Save Settings” button (4) before navigating away from the page.
The ServiceTrade and Device Magic buttons in the action bar will open new windows to the ServiceTrade web app and the Device Magic Management Console, respectively.
For more information on the InspectionManager Connector, see our collection of articles.