This article outlines how to create, edit, and remove sales tax groups in ServiceTrade.
Creating Sales Tax Groups
Sales Tax Groups can be created by:
- Manually creating them from the sales tax tables list page; or
- Bulk importing them from the sales tax tables list page.
Manually Creating Sales Tax Groups
From the Sales Tax Tables List Page, select 'Create Tax Group'. The following information is required:
- Tax Group Code: the tax group's code (maximum of 40 characters)
- Tax Group Name: the full name of the tax group (maximum of 100 characters)
- Tax Rate: the combined sales tax rate for the tax group, as a decimal number (for instance, 7.25 means a tax rate of 7.25%)
- State/Province: the tax group's state or province.
- Applies to Postal Codes: List all the postal codes included in this tax group. Formats accepted include: US ZIP (ex. 27703), US ZIP+4 (ex. 27703-0029), and Canadian postal code (ex. M5H 2N2). Individual postal codes can be separated by commas or line breaks in this field. Once you save, they will be separated by line breaks.
Note: If you wish to include US ZIP+4 in your groups, you have to list each one separately, and not as a range. For example 27703-1234, 27703-1235, 27703-1236 is correct. 27703-1234-1236 is incorrect.
Bulk Importing Sales Tax Groups
For details on creating sales tax groups through bulk imports, check out this article.
Editing Sales Tax Groups
You can edit sales tax groups by selecting the pencil icon next to the group you wish to edit and then making the changes.
Removing Sales Tax Groups
To remove a sales tax group, select the trash can icon next to the group you wish to delete.
You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the group, as removing groups cannot be undone. Select 'OK' to remove the group.