This article will walk users through creating and managing Jobs from the Location page.
Creating a Job from the Location Page
- From the desired Location page, click the Add a Job button in the action menu on the right-hand side of the page.
- A new window will appear, allowing you to enter information about the new job. This includes Service Vendor, Service Due Date, Job Type, Contract, and existing services on the location that can be added to the job.
- Once you have filled in the desired information (fields marked with a red asterisk are required), click the Create Job button to add the job to the location.
- This will open the recently created Job, which is then able to be edited as needed.
Deleting a Job
In ServiceTrade, jobs (like most objects) are considered critical business data, and thus cannot be deleted. They may be canceled, however, which will remove them from most views.
The following steps cover deleting (canceling) a job:
- Navigate to the Job page for the job you wish to delete.
- On the right side of the page, click the red Cancel Job button.
Removing a Service on a Job
You may wish to remove a Service (or a quoted service) from a Job If you accidentally added a Service to the wrong Job.
Steps to remove a service from a job:
- Visit the Job that has the service you wish to remove.
- Looking at the appointment to which the service you want to remove is attached, click the gear icon to the right of the service description.
- A drop down menu will appear. Click the “Remove from Job” option.
This will remove the job, returning the service to the location page or quote, allowing you to attach it to a new job.
Note: if a quote has multiple services you will need to remove all services from the job that were attached to a quote before you can attach that quote to a new job.
- Can Techs create Jobs in the field on the Mobile App?
- How do I change a job's bill-to?
- How do I change the location for a job? I created it for the wrong location.
- How do I mark a job as "in-progress"?
- How can I download all the photos at once on a job?
- Looking at the job history, why is my tech assigned to a job and to the appointment?
- Am I able to hide job items from a tech?
- I accidentally cancelled an appointment. Can I re-open it?
- Am I able to move things from one job to another, such as attachments or clock events?
- Am I able to rename attachments on the job page?
- Is there a way to "pause" a job or to put it on hold?
Can Techs create Jobs in the field on the Mobile App?
No, but they can in the Web App View with certain permissions. See this article for details.
How do I change a job's bill-to?
It is possible to change a job's bill-to without permanently changing company and location information. A good example of why you might want to do this is if billing a national contractor for certain kinds of work while billing the owner for general work.
- A job's bill-to may be changed by clicking "manage job".
- Typing the desired bill-to in the "Bill to" box will overwrite the original selection. Typing the first few letters will search for companies in your account. For best results, ensure you are selecting an existing company.
How do I change the location for a job? I created it for the wrong location.
Jobs are considered "bound" to a service location. If a job was created under the wrong location entirely, you will need to cancel the job and manually recreate it under the correct location.
How do I mark a job as "in-progress"?
A single clock event will automatically mark a job as in-progress. There is no manual "switch" that marks a job as in-progress.
How can I download all the photos at once on a job?
This is not a feature at this time, but you can accomplish this via a Chrome Extension.
Try the Image Downloader extension for Chrome! This handy tool might be what you've been looking for. There may be other similar extensions for other browsers.
Looking at the job history, why is my tech assigned to a job and to the appointment?
The distinction is purely arbitrary, as it means the same thing for purposes of the assignment, but it all depends on where in ST you assign them to the job/appointment.
When you add them from a quote, it will add them to job and appointment, but from everywhere else it simply adds them to the appointment. It has to do with the way certain actions associate with the job or appointment, and depending upon which is being referenced (or both) it will use that verbiage.
Am I able to hide job items from a tech?
No. Job items are intended to communicate to the tech, the customer, and the office, what might be used on the job or considered on the job.
Job items typically represent parts and labor. Job items do not have a price. We only show pricing on quotes and invoices.
I accidentally cancelled an appointment. Can I re-open it?
- On the appointments section of the job page, simply click the button that says "Show Canceled" and it will display any canceled appointments you have.
- Then, on the canceled appointment you would like to reopen, click the 'Actions' button and an option to reopen it will appear.
Am I able to move things from one job to another, such as attachments or clock events?
Not at this time.
Am I able to rename attachments on the job page?
Not at this time. You could download the attachment, rename it, and re-upload it. Then delete the original attachment.
Is there a way to "pause" a job or to put it on hold?
Not directly. Most people use a tag for this purpose, such as "On-Hold" or "Awaiting-Parts", etc.
You may also wish to use scheduling notes, to prevent scheduling if there is a hold for any reason.