Important Note: The ServiceTrade Accounting Connector (STAC) requires a Premium or Enterprise ServiceTrade Subscription and is a paid add-on. Please contact your ServiceTrade Salesperson or your Account Manager if you want to learn more about STAC.
What are the guidelines for importing Accounts Receivable invoices?
The import file containing the invoices you want to import must be a comma delimited text file. This text file can be created using any software that has the capability of creating a text file. When Accounts Receivable imports invoices, it uses a template as a map to determine what fields must be included and the order in which it is included in the import file. Read the Sage Help topic About templates for details on how the template dictates the import file layout and content, then see "Template and import file examples."
Where can I find a template or outline for Accounts Receivable Import invoices?
- From the Tools menu, select Import Invoices.
- Click [Print Template] and preview or print the template.
Note: The lines on the import file for the Activity.ara Activity records begin with an “I”. The lines for the Activity.ara Distribution records begin with a D.
Error: "Duplicate Invoice encountered. Invoice # must be unique."
- Error: "Duplicate Invoice encountered. Invoice # must be unique"
- Error appears as a rejection when importing invoices into Accounts Receivable.
- Accounts Receivable is not set to allow duplicate invoice numbers and the invoice number was used on a prior invoice.
To determine which invoice numbers have been used, create a report in Report Designer:
- From the Report Designer File menu, select New Design.
- Select AR - Activity and click OK.
- From the Field list, select Customer, Status Date, and Invoice.
- From the Design menu, select Sort Order.
- Click Custom Sort, select Invoice and click OK.
- From the File menu, select Print.
- Select the Activity file and click OK.
- Click Conditions and add a condition for Activity type Equal to Invoice.
- Print or print preview the report to view a list of invoice numbers used.
- If the invoice numbers should not be duplicated, enter a different invoice number.
If the invoice numbers should be duplicated, follow the steps on how to turn on or off the option to reuse an existing invoice number?
How do I turn on or off the option to reuse an existing invoice number?
- Steps to turn on or off the option to reuse an existing number when issuing an invoice in Accounts Receivable or Billing.
- Go to Accounts Receivable, File, Company Settings, AR Settings, Entry Settings.
- Check the Allow duplicate invoices box to turn the option on, uncheck to turn the option off.
Note: If the option is turned on for just one invoice, be sure to uncheck the box after entering the invoice.
AR Import Invoices aborts with Error: Accounts Receivable has stopped working
- Accounts Receivable Import Invoices aborts
- AR.EXE has stopped working
- The import invoices journal does not print
- Some or all invoices appear to have imported successfully
- The reject file appears to be empty
Sage Support is gathering information in order to find the cause of this issue. This issue appears to have surfaced in Sage 300 CRE version 16.1. The abort may be the result of invalid data in the import text file.
Review the new.art file in Inquiry, Entries, Entries by batch to determine which (if any) invoices imported successfully. Determine which invoices are missing and/or cases where the amount of the invoice is not correct. Please call support for assistance so that we can gather further information in order to determine the cause of the abort.
Can I add the AR Activity Note field to an invoice import file?
- No, the only fields that can be imported are the ones on the default template. The template can be edited to remove fields but no field that was not on the original default can be added.
Error: "Rejected - [Failed name], [Field number], [Column]" (Importing invoices in Accounts Receivable)
- When I try to import I get rejections.
- Rejected - Invalid contract
- Rejected - Invalid Draw
- Rejected - Invalid Date
An update was installed that restored the default import template.
- Restore the template file from the backup folder:
- From Windows Explorer, browse to \\[servername]\ProgramData\Sage\Timberline Office\9.5\Accounting\Template\Backup.
- Right click on the Araraimp.tpl file and select Copy.
- Browse to [servername]\ProgramData\Sage\Timberline Office\9.5\Accounting\Template.
- Right click on the Araraimp.tpl file and select Rename.
- Enter a new filename and click OK.
- Right click in the window and select Paste.
Rejected: Tax Group xxx not found (AR Import Invoice)
- My import AR journal shows rejections for tax groups not found. How do I correct my AR import invoice rejections?
- The tax group on the imported invoice is not set up in AR.
- Review the Import Journal for the reason for the rejection(s). Do not import the original import file again. This can cause duplicate entries to be posted in Accounts Receivable and interfacing applications. Either make your corrections to the ARREJECT.TXT file by correcting the tax group ID on the import file and import this file or set up the missing tax group in Tasks, Setup, Tax Groups.
- ARREJECT.TXT is the default file name for the reject file. If you selected a different reject file name when importing, that is the file you will correct and import again.
- Rename the reject file prior to making corrections. Import the renamed file when importing and use the ARREJECT.TXT as the reject file (the import and reject file names cannot be the same name).
Can I rename the new.art?
- Can I rename the new.art file?
- I have some unposted AR transactions.
- Do not rename the new.art file. The AR Transactions would not be in balance with the AR Activity records.
- DO NOT DELETE the new.art. This would result in a chargeable Sage file fix.
- Post the transactions and then void them if necessary.
- Please contact support for any questions regarding this issue.
- Note: If you have items that are too far into the future to post (many years, as opposed to 1 year in the future), then please contact Sage support to schedule a file fix to remove those items.
My AR Activity Reports are incorrect/out of balance with AR Transactions.
- I imported some unwanted/unposted AR transactions in my activity.ara and new.art files
- During Invoice “Generation” STAC produces a “Reverse” file. This file will reverse the transactions of the associated import file. Run “Reverse” file import reversals
- Import file.txt
- Import file .csv
How do I set up recurring invoices in Accounts Receivable?
- How do I set up recurring invoices in Accounts Receivable?
- Accounts Receivable does not have the ability to auto-create recurring invoices. The Import Invoices command can be used for producing recurring invoices. To do this, simply create an import file (comma delimited text file) that contains the invoice information. Each month, change the invoice date and due date in the text file, then import the file.
Can I Edited the template file
- The template is simply a text file and can be edited in any text editor (such as NotePadÒ). Editing the default template is not required. ServiceTrade uses the Standard Accounts Receivable Import Template found in the Sample Construction Company. Editing the template allows you to eliminate the need to use commas as place holders for data you do not want to include in the text file.
- Caution! The template file must remain in the \timberline office\accounting\template folder as that is the location where Accounts Receivable looks during the import process. The name must be ARARAIMP.TPL. If you edit the default template, copy the original template to another name for backup purposes before modifying the ARARAIMP.TPL file.
Other Possible AR Import Rejections
- Use Print to File to troubleshoot rejection causes
- Required field is missing ‘customer, Sage Job.
- Verify the Sage Customer ID matches the ServiceTrade External System ID Sage 300
- Verify the Sage Job ID matches the ServiceTrade External System ID Sage 300