Important Note: The ServiceTrade Accounting Connector (STAC) requires a Premium or Enterprise ServiceTrade Subscription and is a paid add-on. Please contact your ServiceTrade Salesperson or your Account Manager if you want to learn more about STAC.
An external system allows you to identify a ServiceTrade entity via your external system identifier. The external ID can then be used to look up an entity in ServiceTrade using Universal Search (search the top bar of ServiceTrade).
External IDs will also be included in data exports and API results.
Supported ServiceTrade entities:
- Lib Items
Creating an External System and Adding an External ID
- While logged in as an Account Admin, open your Account Settings.
- On the right-hand side of the settings screen, click "Add an External System."
- On the Menu, select the 'Standard' Type.
- Enter a System Name and a System Label.
- System Name must start with a letter, followed by any number of letters, numbers, or underscores, and must be all lower-case.
- System Label will be the display name for your system and will be shown throughout ServiceTrade.
- Once this is done, you can begin adding external ids on various entities within ServiceTrade. Click the blue chain link button on the desired page, and then provide the external id in the field provided.
Note: External IDs must be unique. For example, if you had an external system called "UPS Tracking Number", a given tracking number 1Z893674502 may only be used once in ServiceTrade. This eliminates the chance of error.
If you need a method to put the same sort of extra identifier on many different objects in ServiceTrade, consider using a tag instead.