Important Note: The ServiceTrade Accounting Connector (STAC) requires a Premium or Enterprise ServiceTrade Subscription and is a paid add-on. Please contact your ServiceTrade Salesperson or your Account Manager if you want to learn more about STAC.
This article will walk you through troubleshooting direct job cost import errors for STAC 300.
How should I correct my rejected Import Direct Cost transactions?
Imported Direct Cost batch has some rejects, should you import again?
- Review the Import Journal for the reason for the rejection(s).
- Make your corrections to the JCDREJECT.JCD file, and import this file.
Note: JCDREJECT.JCD is the default file name for the reject file. If you selected a different reject file name when importing, that is the file you will correct and import again.
Direct Costs were imported with an incorrect accounting date in Job Cost
Direct costs were imported into Job Cost with an incorrect accounting date in the file.
Entered Incorrect Accounting Date during ServiceTrade Accounting Connector Export
Create reversing and correcting import files and import using Tools, Import, Direct Costs:
- Create another copy of the original import file and change the accounting date to the correct date.
- Import this file with the correct accounting dates using Import Direct Costs as usual.
The Job Cost Import Direct Costs journal prints "Info" and "Totals out of balance"
Direct Project Cost Imports, the reject journal prints "info" on every line and "Totals out of balance" at the end.
The import file total debits and total credit do not balance
There are two options to correct an out of balance file :
- Correct the import file to balance the debit and credit totals
- Import an out of balance file
- From the Job Cost File menu, select Company Settings, JC Settings.
- Click Import and change the Force Zero Proof setting to No.
Error: "Cannot override default cost account" when importing direct costs in Job Cost
When I try to import my direct costs text file I receive the error:
"Cannot override default cost account"
An account was retrieved through the specified retrieval method and the setting to not allow override is enabled.
You must either remove the debit account from the text file so the retrieved one will be used or change the setting to allow override of the retrieved cost (debit) account.
If you need to change the setting to allow override perform the following:
- Click File, Company Settings, JC Settings, GL Entry.
- Clear the check box next to Don't allow override.
- Click OK twice.