Important Note: The ServiceTrade Accounting Connector (STAC) requires a Premium or Enterprise ServiceTrade Subscription and is a paid add-on. Please contact your ServiceTrade Salesperson or your Account Manager if you want to learn more about STAC.
This article will walk you through the process of exporting a .txt file containing the ServiceTrade payroll labor hours and importing it into Sage 300.
Before exporting ServiceTrade Labor Hours
- Item Type must be ‘Labor’
- Item Source must ‘Technicians’ with Name of Technician
- Used on Date must be filled in to run STAC hours export
- Period Start Date “Start Date” and Period End Date “End Date” are based on the Job Item Used on Date
Exporting ServiceTrade Labor Hours
- Log into ServiceTrade Accounting Connector “select” “PR Time Import”.
- Select Invoice “Start Date” and Invoice “End Date”
- Example: 07/01/2021 to 07/07/2021
- Click “Apply Recipe”
- Save the Download Export in a secure location
Note: Date\Time stamp Format “import- yyyymmdd-HHmmss.txt” for easy tracking on data import
Importing Labour Hours into Sage 300
- Login to Sage 300 CRE Company for which you want to import records
- Open Payroll.
- Click Tools then Import Time
- Click “List”.
- Browse to the location of saved file location.
- Select the location of “Error file”
- PRREJECT in example above
- Give the Error File a name.
- For Time entry view enter ‘ST IMPORT‘
- Enter a Period begin date.
- Enter a Period end date.
- Click “Start”
- Note: If you receive an error, please refer to the troubleshooting article here.
- To verify that your import moved data successfully:
- Click Inquiry > Check Information > Check Activity > New File
- Drill Down to see job details. (Extra column was add for more data validation) Complete ‘company specific’ Data Verification (if applicable)
- Click Tasks > Process Payroll