This article will walk you through the process of exporting a .txt file containing the ServiceTrade payroll labor hours and importing it into Sage 300.
Table of Contents
Before exporting ServiceTrade Labor Hours
- Item Type must be ‘Labor’
- Item Source must ‘Technicians’ with Name of Technician
- Used on Date must be filled in to run STAC hours export
- Period Start Date “Start Date” and Period End Date “End Date” are based on the Job Item Used on Date
Exporting ServiceTrade Labor Hours
1. Log into ServiceTrade Accounting Connector “select” “PR Time Import”
2. Select Invoice “Start Date” and Invoice “End Date”
Example 07/01/2021 to 07/07/20213. Click “Apply Recipe”
- Save the Download Export in a secure location
Note:Date\Time stamp Format “import- yyyymmdd-HHmmss.txt” for easy tracking on data import
Importing Labour Hours into Sage 300
1. Login to Sage 300 CRE Company for which you want to import records
2. Open Payroll.
- Tools > Import Time
3. Click “List”.
4. Browse to location of saved file location.
5. Select the location of “Error file”
- PRREJECT in example above
6. Name Error file
7. Time entry view ‘ST IMPORT‘
8. Period begin date ‘07-25-2021’
9. Period end date ‘07-31-2021’
10. Click “Start”
- Note: If you receive an error, please refer to the troubleshooting article here.
11. To verify that your import moved data successfully:
- Go to Inquiry, Check Information, Check Activity, New File .
- Drill Down to see job details. (Extra column was add for more data validation)
- Complete ‘company specific’ Data Verification (if applicable)
12. Click Tasks > Process Payroll