Service Reviews allow you to collect and display happy customer reviews and use them as marketing impressions to drive and convert web traffic. Click here for more information about what Service Reviews can do for you.
This article will walk you through how to set up Service Reviews.
Step 1: Setup NearbyNow Backend
Service Reviews is partially powered by NearbyNow.
You will need to contact ServiceTrade Support to add your company to our NearbyNow Agency.
- The name of your company.
- The primary contact/admin at your company.
- A full list of Users you would like to enable reviews for and their emails.
- A list of managers that you would like in the review system and their emails.
- If you already have a NearbyNow account and are migrating to ServiceTrade, let us know this as well.
ServiceTrade Support will reply when the backend is set up, including where to go to retrieve plug-ins and API keys.
Step 2: Connect your ServiceTrade account to our NearbyNow agency
You must be an admin User in ServiceTrade.
- In ServiceTrade, click your Avatar Profile icon.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the Add an External System button.
- Click the Type drop-down menu, and select Service Reviews.
- Enter "service_reviews" in the System Name field.
- Enter "Service Reviews" in the System Label field.
- Click Save.
- Paste your API token from your NearbyNow Portal in the Service Reviews API Token field.
- Click the Save Configuration button.
Once connected, you can select which techs are set up for reviews.
- At least one User must have replied to the NearbyNow new user email or this step will fail.
- Any email address you use in NearbyNow must correspond with only one user in ServiceTrade.
- Emails also must be identical in NearbyNow and ServiceTrade. If they are not the User will not see the ability to request a Service Review from the Work Acknowledgment.
Step 3: Setup your NearbyNow Portal
Service Reviews are partially powered by NearbyNow. The NearbyNow admin portal is available at admin.nearbynow.co, and is used separately from ServiceTrade to perform the following functions:
- Add and remove Users.
- Generate backend reports.
- Retrieve API keys and offer web developer resources.
Adding Office Users
Be sure to add any office Users, managers, or developers as Admins in NearbyNow. This may be accomplished by:
- Clicking the "Make Admin" button next to their name on the team page.
Below are some important notes when adding Technicians to NearbyNow.
- Technicians must be invited to NearbyNow from within the NearbyNow admin portal.
- Technicians must verify their email to complete the setup process.
- Technicians must have a unique email that matches their ServiceTrade email.
Check their user information in ServiceTrade if there is any doubt about which email address is in use.
Step 4: Train your Technicians
After your Technicians have responded to the invite email from NearbyNow.
The following link can be used to train your Technicians in Requesting Service Reviews from Customers.
Step 5: Get your Website Setup
General information for you web developers is available here. You may wish to have Techs start collection reviews before the updates to your website go live.
- They must have a login to the NearbyNow Admin Portal in order to view this page.
- The Wordpress plugin for NearbyNow / Reviews is here: http://servicepros.nearbynow.co/plugins/wordpress-plugins/
For Service Review subscribers, ServiceTrade Support Team will:
- Assist in the setup of Service Reviews.
- Help to add new Users.
- Answer any general Service Reviews questions.
- Will be your first contact for any and all support incidents or questions.
- Help with deeper technical issues and facilitate solutions.
All technical support requests for Service Reviews should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org